BLX185 No Throttle - Green Light Flashes 4 times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dopa0282

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Was racing my Typhon V2 today with no problems. Stopped for 30 minutes, changed over the 4s LIPO and throttle stopped working on ESC. As soon as buggy is powered on the green light flashes 4 times then pauses and cycle repeats.

Steering servo still works, tried multiple sets of LIPOs , battery voltage is fine, ESC temp is fine, all wiring looks okay and problem still exists with a different motor.

Does anyone know what this ESC error code means?

@dopa0282 I would try doing a factory reset on the ESC by performing the below steps:

How to factory reset the BLX 185 ESC

To reset the ESC to factory default settings connect a battery, turn on the transmitter and then turn the car on. Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release. The Red and Green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset the ESC. Switch the ESC off and factory reset is complete.

If that doesn't work then I'd contact support.

Was racing my Typhon V2 today with no problems. Stopped for 30 minutes, changed over the 4s LIPO and throttle stopped working on ESC. As soon as buggy is powered on the green light flashes 4 times then pauses and cycle repeats.

Steering servo still works, tried multiple sets of LIPOs , battery voltage is fine, ESC temp is fine, all wiring looks okay and problem still exists with a different motor.

Does anyone know what this ESC error code means?
My kraton did the same thing in the middle of the air, now 4 green flashes... did u figure anything out?

Anybody find a fix for this? My Kraton started blinking 4x green at the track. Seems to not respond to anything i do with the set button.

Thank you for contacting product support. The flashing lights are letting us know the ESC is either receiving to high/low voltage or is stuck in programming mode. If the voltage on your batteries are good, the ESC is stuck.

Unfortunately the only fix is to send it to our service center or inspection and it can either be repaired or replaced.

When sending an item into our service center we ask that you:

* Complete a Service Request Form including a description of the issue
* Include a printed copy of the Service Request Form along with your item
* If the item is within the manufacturers warranty period include a dated sales receipt
(copies are acceptable)

That’s what they emailed back, I don’t have my receipt, bought a HobbyKing 8bl150 and only drove it once but seems way more alive than the blx185. Now I’m saving for one for my outcast..

Uhh anybody gotta copy of their receipt for me? J/k

Thank you for contacting product support. The flashing lights are letting us know the ESC is either receiving to high/low voltage or is stuck in programming mode. If the voltage on your batteries are good, the ESC is stuck.

Unfortunately the only fix is to send it to our service center or inspection and it can either be repaired or replaced.

* If the item is within the manufacturers warranty period include a dated sales receipt
(copies are acceptable)

That’s what they emailed back, I don’t have my receipt, bought a Hobbywing 8bl150 and only drove it once but seems way more alive than the blx185. Now I’m saving for one for my outcast..

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I'll go ahead and send the motor and ESC into Arrma. I'm going to build an EB48.4 with Tekin electronics in it while they resolve this. The kraton did great at the track with truggy tires. The local track hasn't been open a week, is free, 2 miles away. I'm bit by the bug hard.

So is this pretty much the only solution to this issue?

My outcast just did it also... another WP8bl150 has been ordered.

(copies are acceptable)

That’s what they emailed back, I don’t have my receipt, bought a HobbyKing 8bl150 and only drove it once but seems way more alive than the blx185. Now I’m saving for one for my outcast..

So multiple people are having this issue and there solution is to wait on the mail turnaround and however long it takes armma to make a decision. I feel like if its a known issue a new esc should be sent to the customer no questions asked as long as a video or something can be sent in for proof, but a week or 3 or downtime is definitely not acceptable...

Hi this has happened to mine it’s brand new only was running for about 4 mins then died ? Now I bought the brand because all I heard was how tough it was nothing breaks and now first go this happens and all I see is posts saying the same problem but not seeing any fixes on it ? If this is the armma forum why isnt armma support on here helping and replying gutted and mad as it’s so new

I'd hate to say it, but there is always a fail rate. I know it sucks, but we all either have dealt with it, or will deal with it in the future. What people love about Arrma is that the fail rate is low, and their warranty service is great. And once the bugs, if any, are worked out these rc's are far more resilient than the competitors. The reason arrma is not on here answering is already posted via disclaimer.

"Neither this website nor the forum provided is affiliated with, or endorsed, by ARRMA Durango Ltd and/or Hobbico, Inc. Further, this website is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, the owners of any the trademarks, service marks or trade names referred to by this website or within the forum unless specifically and expressly indicated. Any trademarks, service marks or trade names referred to on this website or in the forum remain the full property of their respective owners."

Nobody likes it when things go wrong, but you came to the right place to get things going right again! Welcome to the forum!

Hi this has happened to mine it’s brand new only was running for about 4 mins then died ? Now I bought the brand because all I heard was how tough it was nothing breaks and now first go this happens and all I see is posts saying the same problem but not seeing any fixes on it ? If this is the armma forum why isnt armma support on here helping and replying gutted and mad as it’s so new
Fill out this form, you will get an RMA number instantly to send your esc back in. https://servicecenter.horizonhobby.com/RequestForm/
It's an electronic device and do to the manufacturing process unfortunately every now and then you get a dud or one that only lasts a few min :(
Come over to the computer world once, and you will find the term doa spoken a lot when it comes to the electronic components. Doa = dead on arrival. Yes you can buy a brand new hard drive for your computer and it doesn't even work out of the box.

So multiple people are having this issue and there solution is to wait on the mail turnaround and however long it takes armma to make a decision. I feel like if its a known issue a new esc should be sent to the customer no questions asked as long as a video or something can be sent in for proof, but a week or 3 or downtime is definitely not acceptable...
Took like a week to get mine back from the day I shipped it out till I had a brand new esc at my door.
Turnaround on their service.
Engine Service 5 Days
Electronics Service 3 Days
Other Product Service (Non-Engine, Non-Radio )3 Days

I had this problem and reset it. I have the card. All I did is set the battery mode to nimh, and save it, then change it back. It has been perfect since. Not sure if you can get it to work without the card though.
I'll have to keep this in mind if it ever happens again.

Fill out this form, you will get an RMA number instantly to send your esc back in. https://servicecenter.horizonhobby.com/RequestForm/
It's an electronic device and do to the manufacturing process unfortunately every now and then you get a dud or one that only lasts a few min :(
Come over to the computer world once, and you will find the term doa spoken a lot when it comes to the electronic components. Doa = dead on arrival. Yes you can buy a brand new hard drive for your computer and it doesn't even work out of the box.
Thanks for the help is there no contact number in the Uk that can help ?? Iv bought this because I’m sick of my hpi braking and was looking to buy the kraton also but will hold of until I see if I can get this sorted
Hi iv filled the form in its for USA only as you can only fill in USA numbers and be from one off they listed states other wise it won’t send night mate this is just to get hold of someone for support in the Uk or anywhere for that matter shocking

Thanks for the help is there no contact number in the Uk that can help ?? Iv bought this because I’m sick of my hpi braking and was looking to buy the kraton also but will hold of until I see if I can get this sorted

Hi iv filled the form in its for USA only as you can only fill in USA numbers and be from one off they listed states other wise it won’t send night mate this is just to get hold of someone for support in the Uk or anywhere for that matter shocking

Attachments

• 57708158-A1B5-4919-999F-7187E778C7C2.jpeg
    57708158-A1B5-4919-999F-7187E778C7C2.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 150
This is the only thing I have found so far click on international orders and shipping
https://www.horizonhobby.com/content/support-render-contact-us

Or this
"You have the option of emailing our product support staff. We're always striving to answer e-mails as quickly as possible, but we ask that you allow at least 1-3 business days for a reply. Email Address:" [email protected]
Make sure you give them a detailed description of the problem and what steps you have already taken to try to fix it, link to this thread if needed.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back