BLX185 or MAX8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex6638

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have a v4 kraton with a stock motor with Yeah racing twin fan cooler and a Powerhd Lw25mg servo. Would a Max8 offer a performance increase over the BLX185. Would either allow me to upgrade the motor at all, like a 4082 or 4092 can of a lower kv. I'd like a bit more power over stock but not too much, I don't want a high maintenance drive train.

I have a v4 kraton with a stock motor with Yeah racing twin fan cooler and a Powerhd Lw25mg servo. Would a Max8 offer a performance increase over the BLX185. Would either allow me to upgrade the motor at all, like a 4082 or 4092 can of a lower kv. I'd like a bit more power over stock but not too much, I don't want a high maintenance drive train.

I been running a Max8 & 4082 for a year now with no problems. You will need a 18 tooth pinion for about the same top end as stock from the box. If you go with the 1600 Kv.

Last edited:
I had a BLX200 (Max8) in my Kraton for a long time. A while back, it burned, so I swapped in a BLX185. I really can't tell a difference.

With a real MAX8 (not the Arrma rebranded BLX200) you will get extra programming features, like being able to bump the BEC up to 7.2v - this WILL make a difference in steering servo speed and power - which you will notice.

For the motors, i hear the BLX185 will handle the 4082, but the bigger 4092 will want a bit more ESC.

Something I feel as a major difference is the lag. My uncle his car, who has a v3 typhon with an SRT servo, futaba radio set and with a blx 185, feelsbslower on response than my V1 Typhon with a hobbywing max8 combo (2200kv), along with a savox servo en spektrum radio set.
My nephew also has a v1 typhon with all the stock electronics but a spektrum dx5c set and his one also feels slower on response than mine.

The BLX185 is a perfectly fine esc, don't get me wrong. The power of the two seems about the same to me though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back