Kraton BLX200 in stock kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the BLX200 motor / ESC combo in my Kraton. Tons of power, runs cool, love it. If you want to run the BLX200 esc only, know that it uses bigger motor bullets vs the BLX185 motor, so you will need to do some soldering. Don't clip the motor leads, they can be hard to re-tin.

you should also never clip motor leads unless you are positive the motor terminates the winding wires inside the can. I'm not sure if BLX motors are internal or external termination.

They can be hard to re-tin because of the enamel on the wiring to insulate it.

http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/cutting-brushless-motor-wires/
Strong advice my friend. I believe the windings do terminate externally on these motors. That's probably why the wires feel as stiff as they do in comparison to say most Castle motors.

I have the BLX200 motor / ESC combo in my Kraton. Tons of power, runs cool, love it. If you want to run the BLX200 esc only, know that it uses bigger motor bullets vs the BLX185 motor, so you will need to do some soldering. Don't clip the motor leads, they can be hard to re-tin.
I'd still be running mine, but I fully submerged mine like an idiot and messed up my ESC.:eek::eek::eek:o_O

The BLX200 is absolute garbage in the Nero. My Nero has blown 2 & Fazon 1. I replaced both of them with max6's. The max6 has more than enough overhead in that heavy beast. But they are awesome in everything else. I ran the BLX200 in my v2 Kraton for the longest with the Nero motor, but finally took it out & returned the Kraton to stock. I wanted the motor to become a spare. I also run the BLX200 in my Siren MT with the 2050kv motor. I made my own motor leads. It hauls so much that I leave it on level 3 punch.

I have had the blx200 ESC in my Kraton for about a year now with no issues whatsoever, have it connected to the stock V1 4068 2050kv, which I did have to solder wires and 6.5mm bullet connectors. Was definitely an improvement over the blx185, however I have just received a hobbywing 4274 2000kv which I will be installing before the weekend. The 4068 2050 KV has been a great motor with no issue, but I'm hoping for some more torque with the 4274 2000kv.
BASH ON

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back