BLX80 ECS reciever connector ripped off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a second hand Axial AX-10 to learn my son how to drive an RC car.
With 6km/hour top-speed a good start.

Very nice car loaded with options (among other 4 wheel steering)

But both you and I are born and live in the Netherlands, "nether" meaning pancake flat, no bedrock, nothing!

Our local crawler track in Bergschenhoek (near Rotterdam) has been demolished to create a steep 90 degree turn on the 1/10 buggy and SCT track. Says something about the potential for these cars in our country...

Had heaps of fun with it in the Ardennes of Belgium though. When I came back...sold it and bought to SCT's from a brand called Arrma ;)

I live in Nijmegen...We have hills... ;) ...I know of a couple very challenging places to drive with a crawler...
Its not for any reason I am suggesting of holding a meeting over here...:D

btw...Good idea about the crawler as a learning tool...Might work for my daughter...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Unfortunately his love for LEGO is bigger lately, and although never announced officially (as far as I can recall) there will be no more tutorials and reviews from him in the near future.

I do not blame this guy. He has been in RC for decades, and the attention for his LEGO YouTube movies is so much bigger...you do the math ;)

I always wondered what happened. My son and I used to look forward to his videos coming out, and then they just stopped. No explanation. That's a huge loss of the RC world. At least now I have some closure. ;-)

Actually your ESC is repairable but don't attempt it until the warranty claim falls through because it would certainly void the warranty.
That black shiney stuff, called potting compound, can be partially dug out to expose the soldered connections for those three wires on the circuit board.
Also seal it back up once done with something like silicone or liquid electrical tape.

circuit board manufacturing

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back