BLX85

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yonzariq

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I have the Fury with the new BLX85 electronics.
Does anyone know of a compatible program box/card?
I could get a Hobbywing LCD Program box for cheap, but am unsure if it will work with the ESC.

I have the Fury with the new BLX85 electronics.
Does anyone know of a compatible program box/card?
I could get a Hobbywing LCD Program box for cheap, but am unsure if it will work with the ESC.

something tells me since they are rebranded hobbywing products. ..I am willing to bet it will work...nothing to lose either way if it's within your budget....share your results ..

So I did...
The BLX85 appears to have a program port, hooked up a cable and connected the program box, didn't work.
Used the ESC-RX cable, didn't work.
Upgraded the firmware of the program box and tried again, still no success.

But, the BLX85 doesn't look like any of the current hobbywing products, anyone has more info on that regarding the rebranding?
I also shot Arrma an email about it, hope they are willing to give me some information :)

So I did...
The BLX85 appears to have a program port, hooked up a cable and connected the program box, didn't work.
Used the ESC-RX cable, didn't work.
Upgraded the firmware of the program box and tried again, still no success.

But, the BLX85 doesn't look like any of the current hobbywing products, anyone has more info on that regarding the rebranding?
I also shot Arrma an email about it, hope they are willing to give me some information :)

swing and a miss...but a swing none the less. ..thanks for sharing what you learned. ..

this could help me a lot, i made a thread asking about this esc . So is there a issue programing the esc? Is there a button you press/hold? An is there a section in any of the books that came with your rc that covers the program/setup? I just read the low voltage is set at 3.3 i think i might wanna bump that up a tad so if you can post back id be very thankful. TY

this could help me a lot, i made a thread asking about this esc . So is there a issue programing the esc? Is there a button you press/hold? An is there a section in any of the books that came with your rc that covers the program/setup? I just read the low voltage is set at 3.3 i think i might wanna bump that up a tad so if you can post back id be very thankful. TY

yes...there should be a section in the manual...there is for the nero and outcast...a series of press and hold toggle type function. ..following the table in the manual..mine is set at 3.5 for my LVC ..

380038 pdf from arrma...see page 7 and 8...

yes...there should be a section in the manual...there is for the nero and outcast...a series of press and hold toggle type function. ..following the table in the manual..mine is set at 3.5 for my LVC ..
Thank you brother, i to wanna set it to 3.5 as well i just think its a safer setting . I hate dealing with the beeps/blink set up. I know it will b a 20 min thing maybe longer lol. I like the switch is waterproof as well.

cool, i am gonna check that out rite now ty. Looks like Arrma has one of the better info setups i have seen in a long time. Its nice they understand there brand is getting a lot of people in to this great hobby an they have it setup for people to understand what they need to do. I like they have what people should check after x amount of runs. I HAVE NEVER seen another company to go as far as to say hey check your shock fluid an diff fluid . That gets the new user thinking well i gotta go an check this or that an they might not think it right away but there learning to work on there rc an keeping it in good shape. Sorry to thread hi jacking not my main idea but OP please chime in with any info you can as i would love to avoid those beeps an lights . I have my x mas tree up so i am good with all the bright lights one person should have to deal with...

Last edited:
Yes, it can be setup with the button and blinking lights, but I prefer a program card :)

The BLX85 I refer to is a different ESC as linked above though, above is linked to the old BLX80 ESC:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/ARB10340_3.pdf
Page 25

LiPo cut-off can be switched off and on, the cut-off threshold cannot be changed

Let me get this right, so the new esc that comes with the newer Grainte i can not change the low to lets say 3.5? Tbh if that is the case no worries i think i seen its at 3.3 that is ok.

Nope, you switch the cut-off on or off
So it is 3.3v only.
I'd rather see it somewhat higher too, always ran my other vehicles at 3.4v mininum but mostly 3.5v...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back