BMX Track Fail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I should have stayed home ?

So I get to the BMX track to find snow on a lot of the sections. I figured I'd give it a go anyway. First up Kraton. Plug in the batteries, turn everything on and take off.....and then stop....and then take off.....and then stop. Intermittent power. I give it half throttle and nothing. Hold it and 2 seconds later it takes off. I opened the receiver box and everything looked good. Put fresh batteries in my Tx. I tried to calibrate the ESC but it would only go into program mode. Something is farked up. Away it goes.

I pull out the BRCC. I take it over a jump on the track and it turtles. I walk over and right it only to realize I'm in 4 inches of mud. I try to walk up the face of the jump and fall forward, transmitter still in hand. Inadvertent throttle press. I let go. I continue to try to walk up the face of the jump and slip again. More inadvertent throttle and the truck disappears over the crest and out of sight. I finally come to my senses and walk around the jump to go look for my truck. I come to find it upside down with a rear a-arm broken. No idea what exactly happened.

So away goes the BRCC and out from the bullpen comes the Granite. I decide to jump it off a berm and onto the grass outside of the track. I line up the first jump, give it some throttle and take off. I land the jump and immediately see one of my front tires cocked inwards. Broken turnbuckle end. I go back and grab a turnbuckle off my BRCC and swap it onto the granite. Next jump I take it easy. Nothing breaks. The following jump I decide to do a backflip and I end up landing nose first. What breaks? A rear a-arm. How that happened is beyond me ? So I pack my sh!t up and head home, tail between my legs. This will be one short video when I get around to editing it!

LOL! I hate those kinds of days! That's precisely why I take more than one truck bashing, but rarely do I fubar up both of them that quick! That takes some real talent!

So, didn't take the Losi? :(

No Losi. But I came home and ran it in my backyard. I managed to break a wheel! If you remember from my video yesterday, I lost a nut and used one from my Kraton. Well the Losi nuts have a circular lip running around the hex that make it wider. The Arrma hex just pulled right through the wheel,breaking it in the process. Thankfully the SRR comes with a fully functioning spare!

No Losi. But I came home and ran it in my backyard. I managed to break a wheel! If you remember from my video yesterday, I lost a nut and used one from my Kraton. Well the Losi nuts have a circular lip running around the hex that make it wider. The Arrma hex just pulled right through the wheel,breaking it in the process. Thankfully the SRR comes with a fully functioning spare!
Man, today was just not your day! Might be a good idea to just step away from the RC's for 24 hours! LEAVE THEM ALONE! THEY DID NOTHING TO YOU! YOU MONSTER!

Sorry to hear the troubles. I hate it when days like that happen.

Man, today was just not your day! Might be a good idea to just step away from the RC's for 24 hours! LEAVE THEM ALONE! THEY DID NOTHING TO YOU! YOU MONSTER!

Sorry to hear the troubles. I hate it when days like that happen.

I know! I have had a few days like this before. They suck. What's worse is knowing there are broken trucks in my basement that I have the parts to fix. I want to run down and fix them all right now, lol. I am so anal about having broken trucks laying around. It really bothers me :mad:

I know! I have had a few days like this before. They suck. What's worse is knowing there are broken trucks in my basement that I have the parts to fix. I want to run down and fix them all right now, lol. I am so anal about having broken trucks laying around. It really bothers me :mad:
I'm the same way. I hate having them on my rack and broken... even if I know I'm not going to run them until next summer. Over the holidays I went through my nitro rigs to sort things out, replacing worn ball ends, cleaning up clutch shoes/slippers and checking for general damage and making sure I ARO'd the engines... and there they sit. All ready to go running.

Oewh, you're not alone if that helps. A broken rc can't get out of my system, they have to be ready.
I think about it all day at work, get home, kiss my wife and daughters, throw away garbage, eat, do the dishes, put my daughters to bed, read them a story, then listen to my wife about her day and then finally can start with what i wanted to do all the time: fix that rc.

So i get my tools, workmat, light, spare parts and a cold beer...and than my mother calls :banghead:

Small stroke of bad luck, I guess. You're bound to have a couple weeks of good luck on the horizon.
I've often engaged the trigger while trying to do stuff with my radio in my hand. Once in my house and ran my BRCC up a wall....

Tough day, sorry for all your troubles. Better luck tomorrow. I got out today with the Kraton. Wanted to run the trencher 40s. Like them a lot but they really heat things up, I will need to gear down. 10 or so big jumps and my cvds held together.

Video is uploading to YouTube.

If this is the worst I get in life, I'm doing alright ? I actually thought it was pretty funny and watching the video made me laugh, especially when I couldn't find my BRCC ? And when I found it it was broke!

Oh, @olds97_lss . My accent is 100% New York. I was born and raised about an hour north of NYC. As long as you don't mistake it for Jersey or Boston ???

The breakage on the Granite was odd. Awesome vid nonetheless (y)

Thanks! And it was odd. You can see the rear arm snap and it noses into the ground.

One thing to note. The rear A-arms on both trucks are the older style ones that originally came on the Mega.

this weather sucks and you get desperate to bash....I had the worst jump fail ever the other day as well.... lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back