Typhon Bob Smith tire glue saves the day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManhattanRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
So I took my kids to a park today after tuning up the Typhon to get ready for the spring season. Punch set to 9, 6s lipo, wheelie bar, and a brand new set of duratrax bandito C3s to go ahead and rip it up.

I live in Manhattan, so it didn't take long for the crowd of people together and watch me turn my front wheels into Pizza cutters. After a few end to end wheelies I noticed what seemed to be a slight wobble in the left front tire. I went ahead and did one more wheelie and pizza cutter demonstration and then my tire pretty much decided it no longer wanted married to the wheel. I read in here before that the bandidos sometimes aren't glued that well coming straight the factory.

I was only about 10 minutes into the bash session, and didn't have a replacement tire of course. I did however have this Bob Smith industries tire glue that I bought from Amazon, but didn't really know anything about the brand.

Looking at the tire, it wasn't a clean tear away from the rim. Anyhow I packed it all back on the rim and applied a very generous portion of the glue. I thought I might get a few minutes out of it at most, but to my surprise after letting it set only about 30 minutes I was able to run it full tilt until the battery died and the glue held flawlessly. I was even beating on it towards the end in exactly the same way that got me in trouble in the first place.

For about a dollars worth of glue, which is really based on the quantity that I used on the tire I'll probably get a few more bash sessions. If you're looking for a good tire glue, I'd recommend Bob Smith industries.

Good glue i use the carbon tire glue they have .

Bought some based on this thread. It arrives tomorrow along with some kevlar kit string from another thread.

Hoping to hold my tires together after that... they keep ripping off the rim and tearing apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back