Body clip idea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Mom always said "Drive like a Maniac"
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Granite Grom
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
Came up with an idea to replace some body clips, the picture is a proof of concept base on the clamp in the lower right corner. I don't have any good spring wire to make a real one well see what happens.
"You never know unless you try"
bodyclip01.jpg

Nice concept thinking outside the box, but will it work is the question. ?

Nice concept thinking outside the box, but will it work is the question. ?
Gotta try, It may be a dud or
This is a great idea. Just need a way to keep the bar from sliding laterally. I bet just widening the bend all the way out so it rests again the posts would work.
I would like it to work like the clamp in the lower right corner, with the idea of enough tension to stay in place and still easy to remove

Came up with an idea to replace some body clips, the picture is a proof of concept base on the clamp in the lower right corner. I don't have any good spring wire to make a real one well see what happens.
Like Cr3pitus said, it might work better if the bend was closer to the post, but, now you have me thinking about something like this, but with the posts drilled front to back, instead of from side to side, since that is how a few of my cars are, and i am always losing body clips.

Like Cr3pitus said, it might work better if the bend was closer to the post, but, now you have me thinking about something like this, but with the posts drilled front to back, instead of from side to side, since that is how a few of my cars are, and i am always losing body clips.
Thanks for the feed back, it's part of the R&D

Thanks for the feed back, it's part of the R&D
These are another style i was thinking about possibly making. They came from riding mowers, and if they stay clipped from that kind of vibration, they might work well on RC stuff, if they can be made from small enough material, and still work, since actual mower pins are way too thick.

Attachments

• 31SLzpiNglL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_PIStarRatingFIVE,BottomLeft,360,-6_SR600,3...jpg
    31SLzpiNglL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_PIStarRatingFIVE,BottomLeft,360,-6_SR600,3...jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 42
  • deck-hanger-pin-lock-clip-honda-hf2315-hf2415-hf2417-hf2620-ride-on-mower-part-80262-vk1-003-1...jpg
    deck-hanger-pin-lock-clip-honda-hf2315-hf2415-hf2417-hf2620-ride-on-mower-part-80262-vk1-003-1...jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 49
I’m always amazed that people have issues with standard body clips. ???‍♂️

I’m always amazed that people have issues with standard body clips. ???‍♂️
I don't really have an issue with the clips, I was thinking of maybe a person with a handicap or if your wearing gloves etc.......

Big fingers with chalices/ wrecked skin from work makes it hard to undo the clips for those who work trades like automotive, welding, etc... I’d like to see this work. Traxxas has something going for them with their clipless mounting system. It helps me out a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back