Granite BODY CLIP RETAINERS which aternatives fit? Corally maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cable ties work for me.

F3D7E38D-6104-40AC-AE8C-4228AA34FC95.jpeg

I am interested as well to know how you did this and if it holds when wet?
Put the velcro on the body then some on the side guards where the body touches. Water should not have any effect on velcro.

(extra) Large body clips were in the mail yesterday after work. They are big😄, the non-angled tiny clips on the Kraton are not made for my hands.
A couple of body clips next to one another. If I recall correctly the stock Kraton ones are on the far left.
A clip with a ‘plastic grip’ (the one next to the big one) also works great on my DR8, which doesn’t have the Arrma clip retainer on the body. So you have a better chance finding it when you drop a clip on the ground/sand🙄.
image.jpg

Is it just me or are the body clips stupid hard to get in and out? We have 2 other brands and they are easy to get in and out of the posts.
I just drilled the hole in the post a bit bigger so I could wiggle it out when it is in there hard.

Is it just me or are the body clips stupid hard to get in and out? We have 2 other brands and they are easy to get in and out of the posts.

That's why I went with Velcro. It was literally painful to deal with the clips. I highly recommend it as an alternative.

The large and angled body clips I installed today are a lot easier to get in and out than the stock ones. Haven’t measured them, but they feel a little bit smaller. So far they get my 👍

We have some angled ones for the other trucks. I'll try that too.

That's why I went with Velcro. It was literally painful to deal with the clips. I highly recommend it as an alternative.

I'm definitely looking into this. One question though. My daughter makes extraordinary Halloween costumes and one thing she found is not all Velcro is made the same. By chance do you remember where you got yours?

I'm definitely looking into this. One question though. My daughter makes extraordinary Halloween costumes and one thing she found is not all Velcro is made the same. By chance do you remember where you got yours?

Mine was from Home Depot. I don't recall the brand. It claimed to support up to 5 lbs, which I considered to be enough to hold the lightweight body in place. They also had "industrial" strength, which claimed to support about 10 lbs.

Yeah the Arrma ones over time get harder and harder to remove. For a while I was just using some generic ones I bought off ebay or Amazon and they work so much better than the Arrma ones do.

Yeah the Arrma ones over time get harder and harder to remove. For a while I was just using some generic ones I bought off ebay or Amazon and they work so much better than the Arrma ones do.
I got a 50 pack of 45 degree clips that work for my boy's other RC and my daughters Traxxas Slash. I may give these a whirl, but the Velcro is an awesome idea too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back