Granite BODY CLIP RETAINERS which aternatives fit? Corally maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I do the same. Just bend them up. I use 2 large dikes. Give them a 45 degree bend. Easy to finger grab them. But Arrmas are the strongest. Spring steel. Many other brands are crap metal clips. Sure the may be easier t work with. But also fail easier. Been there.

It would also help if you open up the post holes with a drill bit some more. The clips will slide in better. Even some Chapstick on the clips and inside the post holes makes it smoother to insert and remove.

Generally there are 1/8 clips and 1/10 clips. The 4x4's use Arrma1/10 clips If I am correct.
Really? My Arrma body clips bend really easy, I replaced them with Amazon cheapos and haven't bent one of them yet.

Arrma's do even bend, they wear out also. Yes, and they are consumables any way.
But by comparison to El Cheapos, they are best. Last longer for me. Only because I too have tried so many.
I don't doubt your observations also.
It's probably the luck of the draw? Where you source Body clips. 🤷‍♂️
Just my experience. Tried so many.
I noticed some are just not Spring steel. That's the big difference. I know Spring steel is harder to install also. Just work better.

EDIT:

You could always try those Proline Screw-On body posts.... Which I despise.(n) Just me.:LOL:
But many like them as an option? 🤷‍♂️ Just not reversible.
Need new body posts again to go back to clips/pins.

Pro-Line 6070-02 Secure-Loc Caps for Pro-Line Extended Body Mounts (prolineracing.com)

Last edited:
Really? My Arrma body clips bend really easy, I replaced them with Amazon cheapos and haven't bent one of them yet.
There are 2 grades of ARRMA clips.
I imagine the clips in the pack with retainers bends easier than the other pack I will use with those retainers.
16145789142022032376192761312829.jpg

^^^ yeah there are 1/10 and 1/8 pins. (4x4's and 6S rig pins) I just bend mine. Put a 45 degree bend to them.

I had coloured zip ties in my buggy, worked well.

I've ordered some 1/10 1.2mm bent clips, should be easier to fit too. Will report back.

That was fast - these arrived next day
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-RC...s-Steel-Durable/174340189664?var=473535971424

I've fitted them to the Arrma rubber retainers, superglued the one retainer I split and clips are on, retainer seems to be holding. They are so much easier to fit with the smaller pin, the angle makes them easier to remove and they hold the body well. There is a tiny bit more play between the body and post but nothing a layer of tape on the inside of the body wouldn't close up if it's a bother.

The only thing I realised is the bent clip will be more vulnerable in a roll over. I got 7 to try them out. The sellers pricing is weird, you could buy 4 packs of 30 for 4p less than the 100 pack! :sneaky:

Not sure if this is an approved suggestion but I used a very fine drill bit to simply make the diameter of the hole about half a mm bigger (being super careful not to go any larger). Stock pins now go in and out about 50% easier whilst still incurring a tiny bit of resistance. Certainly do-able now with cold fingers when you are out bashing.......something ive only managed a couple of times recently thanks to my Big Rock's steering servo dying at the park on Saturday..................

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back