Body clips are not fun- anyone tried using magnets instead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

podthis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Vorteks
Anyone tried mounting magnets (washer shape) on body posts and magnets on top of body as an alternative to using those painful body clips?

Could glue the bottom washer magnet to the body posts and either use a washer topside or another magnet.

Thinking of trying this out.

Body clips are not fun

Never tried it but interesting idea. Not sure they would hold up on a basher though. lol
That's 1 thing that was interesting about the new Sledge.....no body clips. If that ends up working well all the companies should transition to that.

Yeah. I followed this method on a crawler and it works really well. I’m a big fan.

The hold is much stronger than I expected - I can lift the heavy 1/10 crawler up by just the body and wiggle it around without detaching. I have to pull super hard.

The body is super easy to put back on too. Basically just toss it onto the truck and it self-centers.

That being said, I’m not sure I’d do it on a basher. It might fall off on the big hits.

Yeah. I followed this method on a crawler and it works really well. I’m a big fan.

The hold is much stronger than I expected - I can lift the heavy 1/10 crawler up by just the body and wiggle it around without detaching. I have to pull super hard.

The body is super easy to put back on too. Basically just toss it onto the truck and it self-centers.

That being said, I’m not sure I’d do it on a basher. It might fall off on the big hits.
Yip something like that. Thanks for the link. I thought about having the body mounted magnet placed on the outside of the body though. This way the body will be held in line by the posts and held tight via magnetism. There are some really strong magnets available these days.

Worth a try, else revert to loosening the taught nature of the clips as others have suggested in the forum.

Having said that, really like the clipless system Traxxas are running with.

I've started to convert all mine to the Proline screw down type, really like those, you can just drop the body on and tighten the nuts down

Haven't tried magnets, but I love the Proline screw on mounts. Hassle free on and off. Another advantage is they don't create such a harsh leverage point like the pins do. Pins always eventually cracked my bodies. Finally, you can add more body reinforcement with the Proline mounts. With pins, you can only add so much reinforcement before the body gets so thick, the pins won't fit. The only problem is since they're not attached, you can lose them if you're not careful.

I've started to convert all mine to the Proline screw down type, really like those, you can just drop the body on and tighten the nuts down
Can those screw caps be used with the stock body mounts? Or do you also have to buy the proline body mounts?

1653155814917.png

I just pull my clips apart a little so they're not so tight. The Sledge mounting system is cool tho.
That's what I've seen as the quickest, easiest & cheapest.

That's nice but $60 plus the Traxxas part?

I was going to go the Proline route when someone on here pointed out that you better buy spares because you will lose the caps.

I found a post by Bisak on a thread that leads to these. Perfect! But I don't have a 3D printer.

1653271569904.png

That's what I've seen as the quickest, easiest & cheapest.

That's nice but $60 plus the Traxxas part?

I was going to go the Proline route when someone on here pointed out that you better buy spares because you will lose the caps.

I found a post by Bisak on a thread that leads to these. Perfect! But I don't have a 3D printer.

View attachment 219191
Those are nice, will see if I can find someone with a 3d printer as the files are on the post you linked to. Else will revert to "loose" clips as others have suggested

I made these body clips with a wire tie and two plastic washers ( dubro ) and a piece of fuel tubing 20 years ago , for me they work great . I also use different colors , when and if they come loose and fall off they are easy to fine .

BODY CLIP.PNG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back