Notorious Body clips too tight? Here's the solution!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Ever had issues with tight body clips? Do they keep ripping the rubber things they're connected to?

Here's the solution: buy looser clips. 🤦🏽‍♂️

I spent one year hunting my fingers every time I needed to get the body off, and I cannot belive how long it took me to figure this out. Traxxas clips are thinner, and easier to pull out. No more pain for me!

How long did it take you guys to do something about this small issue?

How long did it take you guys to do something about this small issue?
About 10 minutes, I designed and made my own clips, not hairpin style. I deal with hairpin clips at work from time to time and I already had an unnatural dislike of them. Having 2 opposing holes to secure made it even easier.

Ever had issues with tight body clips? Do they keep ripping the rubber things they're connected to?

Here's the solution: buy looser clips. 🤦🏽‍♂️

I spent one year hunting my fingers every time I needed to get the body off, and I cannot belive how long it took me to figure this out.
If I'm reading this correctly, the actual clips are not the problem. The fact that you have to hunt down your fingers each time for a whole year makes it a really drawn out procedure. Suggest attaching the rubber things to your fingers so they don't get lost. JMO.

The fact that you have to hunt down your fingers each time for a whole year makes it a really drawn out procedure. Suggest attaching the rubber things to your fingers so they don't get lost. JMO
The clips were so tight that they ripped through the rubber things. These new ones are less tight and don't have the problem.

I also discovered using a hard object to push out the clips helped, but those didn't push out the clips entirely, so I still had to pull out the clips, which again, ripped those rubber things.

What is the distance between your body posts? I still have a few sets to send out for people to test.
They're the stock Notorious ones. They are 48mm and 66mm apart. I'd gladly test for you! Though I don't run that often ('bout every other week).
Awsome!
I ended up putting 1/10 th scale clips on my 6s kraton. They are thinner and easier to get on and off.
Same. My new ones are from my Slash

They're the stock Notorious ones. They are 48mm and 66mm apart. I'd gladly test for you! Though I don't run that often ('bout every other week).

Awsome!

How long can they be? If you look at the pic I posted you'll see If I flip the rear one to the back it would be over the rear of the body. I don't want to make them too long.

I also made some pull tab’s for one of my other trucks

7A01F84D-024C-4152-B065-D2A5C0646030.jpeg

Ok, I can do that. The Kraton one should work for the 48mm one, the 66mm one I'll have to make one and see. Its pretty short for that much spread.

Got a top view photo of it?
The back side actually has a lot more space if I'd flip the clip such that it faces forward.
16731419124464909506238730273522.jpg

Awsome!

The Kraton one will fit the 48mm with a slight adjustment. I'll be working on the 66mm one later today. After drawing it up I think it will work @ 66mmx35mm.

I drill through my body posts if there too tight with really small drill bit. only done it once though on my kronos xtr never had trouble with the arrma body pins

I have tried thinner clips. But I find that they bend so easily and can pop out with hard hits. (6s rigs) Arrma uses hardend spring steel. I think that's a plus. :unsure:
I ream out the post holes and use 2 pairs of Channel locks to bend my Stocker body clips up. This helps greatly to pull them out and insert them. No more issues. I even put a dab of Chap Stick on the clips. After some use they break in and slide in and out much more easily.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back