Body cracks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Applied to areas of Outcast that get damaged when it lands on its topside.
View attachment 6587
I bet that body must weigh 2lbs.:)

Well I "guess" I proved one thing today going over my new jump ramp and doing some lid landings
CIMG3698.JPG
...the strapping tape works quite well.
'Cause about the only place I didn't tape (the pillar post) cracked/broke! :(

I'll know for the next bug body that should be here this week.
CIMG3699.JPG

Like your work Twizted.

The Outcast body weighs 12.3 oz., it has "Peal & Seal" (new construction on homes, heavy wide vinyl tape.) inside for protection.

The pic of the herculined body is a Losi LST XXL2, bigger and seemingly as thick or thicker and weighing in at 11.8 oz.

So maybe the tape and glue combo is even heavier.

I like that! I am definitely going to do this for my Nero!
Oh yeah, that Nero body is very flexible in the rear. I'm going to do something with it before running it. Seems like it'll only take one hit and it's done!

How did the shell reinforcing go on the Outcast ?
Have you bashed it much ?
Im about to do mine it's cracked up pretty bad but want to keep it as a bashing body I might buy a new one to sit on when she's on the shelf Ha ha!!
I dented the body pretty bad
Half an inch deep in no cracks so i have to say its working perfectly as a basher

Bashing outcast now. Flips, sliding upside down,
1487286986054619719125.jpg
cartwheels, and my reinforcements are working out.

Body very good on this one

I used adhesive and trampoline felt

Attachments

• 500432BB-3DA7-4008-9D28-C8F959C70908.jpg
    500432BB-3DA7-4008-9D28-C8F959C70908.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 76
What exactly is flex seal is there an alternative product in the uk.

Why not gorilla tape? Has anyone tried it? Cracked my new Outcast body today, yes, we beat the crap out of it. I'm looking at all the suggestions, but I can't help but think gorilla tape would work.

500432BB-3DA7-4008-9D28-C8F959C70908.jpg
Gorilla tape work for a lil ok ... I use adhesive then wait a minute then put trampoline felt in the body to make it Flexable but stronger tho

And u can fix most cracks in it ... adhesive in spread can at Lowes or Home Depot or local hardware store

Attachments

• B3A602DE-88EE-4E1E-B301-DEB8FE5E8511.jpg
    B3A602DE-88EE-4E1E-B301-DEB8FE5E8511.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 57
Done. Just put on few layers and extra around the back where the crack statred. Seems to have stiffened the shell up a fair bit but it doesn't feel to heavy.

Attachments

• 20170226_100233.jpg
    20170226_100233.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 52
Has anyone tried removing the roll bar? Seems to me it does more harm than good. Body is cracking on all roll bar mounting points.

I used a rock guard truck spray. It deteriorated the thin parts of the body and made it brittle. Total mistake. DO NOT USE ROCK GUARD. Does the felx seal and tape actually work?
20180928_233504.jpg

I used a rock guard truck spray. It deteriorated the thin parts of the body and made it brittle. Total mistake. DO NOT USE ROCK GUARD. Does the felx seal and tape actually work?View attachment 22542
Brake cleaner does that to lexan as well. I found out when using it on a body to clean up a mess I made when painting... yeah, I painted bodies 15 years ago, was horrible at it. The brake cleaner basically ate through the body and made chunks fall off in my hands.

I would not recommend the use of truck bedliner for RC bodies. It will make your RC body brittle and it can easily crack especially in colder climate. I did it to my crawler and it cracked left and right after a weak roll down a small slope.

I reinforced my Nero body with drywall (fiberglass) tape and E6000 and it was a pain in the neck to do the whole body and took forever. After that experience I started using just Gorilla tape to patch up body cracks and it's holding up great and its very easy to do. Just make sure you clean and degrease the surface first and the Gorilla tape will stay on for good.

Last edited:
Why not gorilla tape? Has anyone tried it? Cracked my new Outcast body today, yes, we beat the crap out of it. I'm looking at all the suggestions, but I can't help but think gorilla tape would work.

as soon as i bought my outcast, i used a whole roll of gorilla tape to line the inside of it. there was just barely enough to do the job. it works pretty well. i'm a bad driver. i crash and land upsidedown all the time. i went 5 months with no cracks. a couple of weeks ago i got a small crack on the rear end but that's it.

View attachment 4091

Heres my outcast
Removed the those bars first
I used a bit more drywall tape on the body posts
I just covered the whole thing and cut it out at a later time
Also use extra drywall tape where those rollbars go
And the fender wells need to use more in there also

My body have those molding marks on it
Anyone else have those?

I used shoegoo to hold the drywall tape in place specially those corners
Then i plan on spraying it with the flexiseal right after
Hi I was wondering does the shogoo and tape cause any heat issues or anything? Thanks

Hi I was wondering does the shogoo and tape cause any heat issues or anything? Thanks
Air is not getting in through the regular body, and the tape and goo don't cause any extra restriction, so except for a little added weight, shouldn't affect it. The shoegoo and fibreglass tape, is a common setup in the hobby. It doesn't make your truck indestructible, it just helps it to last a little longer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back