Body cracks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hfdr19

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Fury
  4. Nero
  5. Talion
IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1860.JPG
Has anyone else had any problems with their Outcast body? I've only ran it twice, the truck flipped on to its back going up a dirt mound and when I rolled it over I found these cracks. I haven't driven it crazy so my concern is, is this a design flaw? I know we have the Nero rear body post isssue. Anyway I called Arrma today and explained the issue and they basically said since they don't warranty the body send in photos and hope they'll consider replacing it! I asked them well what if i needed another body and was told by a supervisor that they don't have any because they won't be available until sometime in January! I don't understand how they put out new trucks and don't have all the parts available! So time to look for another body!

View attachment 4007 View attachment 4006 Has anyone else had any problems with their Outcast body? I've only ran it twice, the truck flipped on to its back going up a dirt mound and when I rolled it over I found these cracks. I haven't driven it crazy so my concern is, is this a design flaw? I know we have the Nero rear body post isssue. Anyway I called Arrma today and explained the issue and they basically said since they don't warranty the body send in photos and hope they'll consider replacing it! I asked them well what if i needed another body and was told by a supervisor that they don't have any because they won't be available until sometime in January! I don't understand how they put out new trucks and don't have all the parts available! So time to look for another body!
I posted pic of my body in media with similar stuff, same rear center crack. Looks like Stunt truck may need better shell bracing for actual stunting. I didn't notice damage to my front end, what I did notice was they designed body to rest above/on rear 5mm thick shock towers with no pad for impact displacement. I'm working on my own effective solution. I'm planning to bash the crap out of my Outcast and want body to last more than a few sessions. Shoe goo and drywall tape only go so far. I'll post what I come up with.
IMG_20161127_152614986.jpg

Can you get Flex seal in store or only online? Might give it a try. Open to whatever works. I've greatly extended life of several lids with shoe goo and drywall tape but maybe that's better.

Bought it at lowes
Home depot should also have it tho
Hardware stores give them a call
I also used shoegoo but to much hard work
With flex just spray it on
Tape up the side of the body tho
You don't wanna over spray your body

Bought it at lowes
Home depot should also have it tho
Hardware stores give them a call
I also used shoegoo but to much hard work
With flex just spray it on
Tape up the side of the body tho
You don't wanna over spray your body
Cool. Got both stores nearby and love to find reasons to go. Will give it a try. Thanks for info.

Rear end between bodypost..but this is a comon issiue regardkess brand. So i am not suprised at all. But that it holds up after my beating makes me pleased, im happy as few
My guess is that you're about as skilled at jumping/bashing as they come Thomas. Helps to land on wheels, but clearly that can't always happen when you push the limits to the extreme. PS your vids helped make my Outcast purchase a little easier, thanks.

I found a simple fix to firm up the fit of rear body and protect from more shock tower damage. Was shopping at Walmart and happened upon these self stick Felt Blankets for padding under appliances and such. They are very lightweight yet fairly rigid about 1/4inch thick. Fits rear near perfectly, just had to cut out rectangles to clear body post rockers. You have to center it right to cover both shock towers. I'll post pics including where towers were pushing up/damaging body on each side. I'll bash it and see if it helps.
IMG_20161128_212047162.jpg
IMG_20161128_222535471.jpg
IMG_20161128_222535471.jpg
IMG_20161128_222116180.jpg
IMG_20161128_222401185.jpg

Can you get Flex seal in store or only online? Might give it a try. Open to whatever works. I've greatly extended life of several lids with shoe goo and drywall tape but maybe that's better.
I've seen it at Lowes and I think maybe even Home Depot, but you can also get it here.

20161130_203813.jpg

Heres my outcast
Removed the those bars first
I used a bit more drywall tape on the body posts
I just covered the whole thing and cut it out at a later time
Also use extra drywall tape where those rollbars go
And the fender wells need to use more in there also

My body have those molding marks on it
Anyone else have those?

I used shoegoo to hold the drywall tape in place specially those corners
Then i plan on spraying it with the flexiseal right after

View attachment 4091

Heres my outcast

Anyone else have those?

Yes my body has front and rear seam lines that extend across entire shell, thought the rear one was a crack at first. I will probably reinforce my body like you're describing. Shoe goo is so handy for stuff.

View attachment 4091

Heres my outcast

Anyone else have those?

Looking forward to the end result! I have to get to the store just haven't had time or desire to fight with the holiday shoppers!

Same here on the mold lines from the stock body...So far my body is holding up but I'm not landing on the lid very often my jumps aren't big enough for that. I do spend some time upside down but that's what happens when you get a patch of rough stuff when you are pushing 40+ mph.

All I need is the Flex seal. Have plenty of goo and mesh tape, gonna get by Lowe's and grab some, my kids RC bodies really need it the way they drive! I'll do my Outcast before I jack it all up for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back