Granite Body mount and shock tower help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sldnx01

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Would anyone be willing to supply me a pic of the shock tower and front body mounts assembled on a granite please? I broke a bunch of it, got my parts today but I cant figure out how it goes back together. The owner manual break down pics are terrible I cant figure it out by looking at the schematics

Does this help at all? It's just a picture I stole off Google.
2b521cbd023caa4e532c859b8a661b859cdb944f561e2278c38a0eebc920bb50 (1).jpg

That’s a 4x4. From the category he posted in I assumed he was asking about an older model.
Oh sorry I didn't even notice that lol I'm special.

Here we go lol
arad56gl_1.jpg

Thanks guys I got it. Took me 5 hours to assemble the car... 14 min test and wrecked something in the rear end. I did the upgrade to all steel gears but it stopped moving and sounded like buzzing off a spur gear. It looks fine though. I tore apart the back end and opened the diff it all seems fine too. Maybe it was a backed off slipper nut or something? Sure sounded like I spun off the spur. I cant figure it out

Thanks guys I got it. Took me 5 hours to assemble the car... 14 min test and wrecked something in the rear end. I did the upgrade to all steel gears but it stopped moving and sounded like buzzing off a spur gear. It looks fine though. I tore apart the back end and opened the diff it all seems fine too. Maybe it was a backed off slipper nut or something? Sure sounded like I spun off the spur. I cant figure it out
Can you make a video of it? Upload the video to YouTube and post a link here if possible.

I'll start working on that right away. Have never done that so I'll try to figure it out lol
Here is the clip of the mystery problem

Last edited:
I'll start working on that right away. Have never done that so I'll try to figure it out lol
Here is the clip of the mystery problem
I know this is going to sound like a strange question but do you have the AR310001 gearbox or the AR310601 gearbox? Did you get the correct gears for your gearbox?

Screenshot_20191105-173842_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20191105-173823_Drive.jpg

Oh boy I don't know how to tell. I have ran this gearbox for about 2 years now. The only thing I have ever replaced is a spur. I followed a thread on this forum on what to order ro make it the all metal one. It was like over $100usd for everything I was told to buy. This has never happened before. I took the diff apart it all looks perfect. Could it be something simple like slipper clutch parts? I have never replaced anything to do with that.

Oh boy I don't know how to tell. I have ran this gearbox for about 2 years now. The only thing I have ever replaced is a spur. I followed a thread on this forum on what to order ro make it the all metal one. It was like over $100usd for everything I was told to buy. This has never happened before. I took the diff apart it all looks perfect. Could it be something simple like slipper clutch parts? I have never replaced anything to do with that.
No it definitely sounds like something internal.

Does your Granite have the aluminum side plates on the chassis or is it all plastic? Is the front bulkhead support aluminum or plastic?

And I'm just going off my foggy memory but iirc the metal gears will not work in the second gearbox you need the first one, I could be wrong about so do not quote me on this.

20191105_185824.jpg

20191105_185814.jpg

No it definitely sounds like something internal.

Does your Granite have the aluminum side plates on the chassis or is it all plastic? Is the front bulkhead support aluminum or plastic?

And I'm just going off my foggy memory but iirc the metal gears will not work in the second gearbox you need the first one, I could be wrong about so do not quote me on this.
Everything is plastic on this car. You would think I would have had problems by now if the gears didnt work. I have ran many batts through this car with this diff. 2 years worth.

Last edited:
View attachment 52909
View attachment 52911

Everything is plastic on this car. You would think I would have had problems by now if the gears didnt work. I have ran many batts through this car with this diff. 2 years worth.

Yeah that spur looks fine.
Oh so you didn't just do the steel gear upgrade? You've been running them for 2 years?

Yes I did this upgrade 2 years ago. Here is what I found in the diff. But when its closed it wont drift will it??
There should be a gear on the other side of the diff cup that holds those gears in place once the diff is assembled.
20191105_191631.jpg

One thing I did notice now that I think of it. the 4 little screws that hold that diff together were loose. They were still in the holes but I definitely didn't have to try at all to get them out. All 4 of them came out by hand, no allan wrench required. I bet that's the problem, wasn't tight enough which let those 2 spider gears and shaft walk, making them just barely lose contact. What do you think? I really cannot see anything wrong at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back