Infraction Body mounts for infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishtank

work the hardest when no one is watching
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Ok, I got a new body and I don’t want to put holes in the body. Looking for a good magnet system for the infraction. Right now I’m using Velcro but I’m not happy with it.
7953DF07-E7AD-4FD6-A32B-3FBD2DD66FD6.jpeg

Hey hold on a sec..
Isn't this Ajag's paint job he showcased a couple of days ago??

Ok, I got a new body and I don’t want to put holes in the body. Looking for a good magnet system for the infraction. Right now I’m using Velcro but I’m not happy with it. View attachment 244402

I can draft up something unique and magnetic for it..
Let me know if the body posts are around the same height as stock heights. (Or are they lower or higher than stock positions?)
Also if you can take a couple of photos of the underside of that body with a ruler ,near about's where the posts are touching so I have a point of reference. That would help greatly.

Last edited:
Ok, I got a new body and I don’t want to put holes in the body. Looking for a good magnet system for the infraction. Right now I’m using Velcro but I’m not happy with it. View attachment 244402

Man you have a good man there @Tex Koder does some good work! Love to see what he comes up with.

I only have one concern since I have an Infraction and had a Felony I sold. I have seen many videos where Infraction and Felony can get airborne. Keep that in mind that might not be an issue the magnets could be strong enough to hold the body under power but these little cars can get some air draft under them. Maybe think of a latch or catch on the front/rear or something as a safety backup.

🤷‍♂️ have not seen this setup on a basher or speed runner whichever you do very excited to see the project whatever Tex comes up with, I want one as well :)

Man you have a good man there @Tex Koder does some good work! Love to see what he comes up with.

Thank you sir.
It'll be something completely different for sure.

I only have one concern since I have an Infraction and had a Felony I sold. I have seen many videos where Infraction and Felony can get airborne. Keep that in mind that might not be an issue the magnets could be strong enough to hold the body under power but these little cars can get some air draft under them. Maybe think of a latch or catch on the front/rear or something as a safety backup.

Understood.
I'll do my best.

You're reading my mind...

🤷‍♂️ have not seen this setup on a basher or speed runner whichever you do very excited to see the project whatever Tex comes up with, I want one as well :)

You won't be disappointed.

Hey hold on a sec..

Let me know if the body posts are around the same height as stock heights. (Or are they lower or higher than stock positions?)
Also if you can take a couple of photos of the underside of that body with a ruler ,near about's where the posts are touching so I have a point of reference. That would help greatly.
Yes, it was for me! 😎 he did an excellent job!! He’s done a couple for me!
D84DE58B-8902-4345-B956-36E97F5CA408.jpeg
44328F02-FE81-4935-8172-2ECA451C1826.jpeg

Hey hold on a sec..

Will do I will get them over to you tomorrow night. Thanks for the help!

I would stick with Velcro myself, cause I don’t know if I would like to put magnets in the little trucks tire or underside, but do as you want, I personally don’t like the look of a little truck mounted to my felony, maybe in the bed of my kraton exb

edit : maybe I’d like it better if the truck was facing forward like the car ?

Sorry for the delay..
Been tied up on another project.

I'm going to start sketching the magnetic body mounts (NO drill-thru Body solution) this afternoon..
Will post when I get a rough draft drawn up.

Sorry for the delay..
Been tied up on another project.

I'm going to start sketching the magnetic body mounts (NO drill-thru Body solution) this afternoon..
Will post when I get a rough draft drawn up.
Great. Thank you for Ute help on this.

I followed these instructions for a crawler and it worked well. A couple small modifications and I bet you could do the same thing.

I wouldn’t do it for a basher but it self centers and is likely way stronger than the velcro you’re currently using. I can pick up my crawler by the body and wiggle it around without it detaching - it requires a hard pull.

For a Crawler it is common to use hidden magnets for the body. Where Scale points are given in Comp Crawling events.
But I would not use anything but Pins and standard body post for Basher rigs. The body can come off too easily. I guess if you won't be driving the Felony much , hard or fast, this won't matter?:unsure:
I never felt RC rigs look awfully horrible with Pins showing.
It is what makes them RC rigs. They are not static display models.

Just me.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back