Outcast Body options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akatz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I will be picking up an outcast in a couple weeks but I hate the body, anyone know if any old 1/8 mt body will fit?
Thanks Adam

I say give stock body a chance, may just grow on you, classic mean truck look, design with integrated roll bar and body support that has held up well with really hard rolls/tumbles thus far. Nothing against change, just saying. Function before form, so far doing its job well, protecting internals.

I say give stock body a chance, may just grow on you, classic mean truck look, design with integrated roll bar and body support that has held up well with really hard rolls/tumbles thus far. Nothing against change, just saying. Function before form, so far doing its job well, protecting internals.
You may be right but I like to be different, just want mine to stand out in the sea of gray ones.

I see a lot of people using Proline bodies. They do make some nice stuff. I like the pre painted ford and chevy short course bodies!

Both Proline and JConcepts make some pretty thick, durable bodies. I'd bring the truck into LHS if possible to get a better idea about fitment. I've had to greatly modify/trim to make them work, but looks Arrma included extra body posts with Outcast, may prove helpful. I take my time with selection, don't like to be disappointed after dropping the bread.

Most bodies that fit original wheel-base savage and T-maxx wI'll fit just fine. The downside is that most of the new extended wheelbase stuff will be too long. may get lucky and cut the bed off the back to make room for the wing and still make it look okay. to make other bodies look better you'll need to take the wing off, the way this thing pops wheelies, that may be hard to do...I've got a collection of original wheelbase bodies, let me see what I can dig up.

Here are some pics comparing e-maxx and T-maxx 2.5 and orange body is for HPI E-Savage body.

20161205_214453.jpg
20161205_212833.jpg
20161205_213004.jpg
As you can see lot's of trimming to get the wing to fit. The shorter wheelbase bodies need less trimming. I found that running withought the wing puts alot of strain in the back of the bodies. Wheelies and bad landings will take its toll pretty quick.
20161205_214508.jpg
E-maxx body is a little long. All three can be made to work.

Hey guys. Took Outcast out for a hard bash today with a few bad landings and brutal high speed roll. Did a number on rear wing, ended up pulling out wing mount screw, then the other leaving me wingless for the rest of 6s dirt bash. Had already thought about replacing stock wing. Ended up replacing with Losi wing, fit perfectly, upgraded to 4mm button head screws, metal washers, and said, what the heck, fitted strong JConcepts Bajr body from monster slash. For those of you who've never run bug body, they tend to roll you back on your wheels so you don't do the walk of shame quite as often. Will lower front mounts a bit tomorrow and give her the old bash test. Anyone else strip wing mounting screws? Turns out the stock ones are pretty short and don't get much bite. Will post vids tomorrow in media. PS try not to land wing first using your wing to shovel the earth!
IMG_20161206_182423695.jpg
IMG_20161206_220803490.jpg
IMG_20161206_220749162.jpg

Most bodies that fit original wheel-base savage and T-maxx wI'll fit just fine. The downside is that most of the new extended wheelbase stuff will be too long. may get lucky and cut the bed off the back to make room for the wing and still make it look okay. to make other bodies look better you'll need to take the wing off, the way this thing pops wheelies, that may be hard to do...I've got a collection of original wheelbase bodies, let me see what I can dig up.

Here are some pics comparing e-maxx and T-maxx 2.5 and orange body is for HPI E-Savage body.

View attachment 4189
View attachment 4190
View attachment 4191
As you can see lot's of trimming to get the wing to fit. The shorter wheelbase bodies need less trimming. I found that running withought the wing puts alot of strain in the back of the bodies. Wheelies and bad landings will take its toll pretty quick.
View attachment 4192
E-maxx body is a little long. All three can be made to work.

Hey guys. Took Outcast out for a hard bash today with a few bad landings and brutal high speed roll. Did a number on rear wing, ended up pulling out wing mount screw, then the other leaving me wingless for the rest of 6s dirt bash. Had already thought about replacing stock wing. Ended up replacing with Losi wing, fit perfectly, upgraded to 4mm button head screws, metal washers, and said, what the heck, fitted strong JConcepts Bajr body from monster slash. For those of you who've never run bug body, they tend to roll you back on your wheels so you don't do the walk of shame quite as often. Will lower front mounts a bit tomorrow and give her the old bash test. Anyone else strip wing mounting screws? Turns out the stock ones are pretty short and don't get much bite. Will post vids tomorrow in media. PS try not to land wing first using your wing to shovel the earth!View attachment 4201 View attachment 4202 View attachment 4203

Loving the orange body. I have a painted up 1/8 Ford Raptor body I'm going to try.

Thanks for the info on the wing. Wonder how the proline wings would look.

I was at LHS yesterday and really liked the looks of Proline wing. A bit pricey, went with Losi cuz their cheap and had already fit tested with cracked spare, Losi snaps onto Outcast mount perfectly and sits totally flush for securement on wing mount nubs. Always in stock where I shop, wing is semi disposable if you bash hard, mine have absorbed 60mph Backslash tumbles on pavement. Sticking with it she passes decent bash testing. Stock wing is inadequate for protecting rear of stock body, should be a bit wider and taller IMO. Do like stock plastic though, wing never cracked or actually broke, unfortunately stock arrangement doesn't allow for nut lockdown of wing screws, leaves room for improvement.

Just to follow-up on Losi wing with bigger 4mm screws and bug style body, bashed her pretty good today at local park with several rolls and tumbles, held up great. Will give her the big jump test soon. Rigged a body support extension, velcros on, used extra plastic foot from home depot snap together shelving, foam padding, tape, cut to sit just below top of body. Fugly, but worked great as hard lid first landings make bug bodies bowl inward, have to remove shell to pop back up, not with padded support. Will post vid later, uploaded a bit grainy for some reason. Temps were way cooler with improved airflow!
IMG_20161206_220516750.jpg
IMG_20161207_110159175.jpg

I like your body support idea, will be making something similar. Did get the orange body fitted to the short wheelbase chassis ( this is a monster typhon project)
Using senton front body mounts and outcast rear body post, the wing is a modified typhon wing. Using outcast wheely bar.
20161226_134513.jpg
20161226_134007.jpg
20161226_133945.jpg
Trimmed the rear of the body to clear the wheely bar. The wing does a good job of absorbing the damage from crashes and the endless wheelies you get from high power short wheelbase trucks.

Attachments

• 20161226_123929.jpg
    20161226_123929.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 205
I like your body support idea, will be making something similar. Did get the orange body fitted to the short wheelbase chassis ( this is a monster typhon project)
Using senton front body mounts and outcast rear body post, the wing is a modified typhon wing. Using outcast wheely bar.
View attachment 4770
View attachment 4772
View attachment 4773
Trimmed the rear of the body to clear the wheely bar. The wing does a good job of absorbing the damage from crashes and the endless wheelies you get from high power short wheelbase trucks.
Nitroman your rig looks bad ass and super fun, great job. Just robbed Peter to pay Paul again. Stole both front and rear main input diff gears off my Typhon to fix son's Truggified project. So fun to drive I couldn't wait for parts to arrive. At this point my Typhon looks like I broke down in the ghetto and got stripped for parts! All diffs, motor, wing, bumper, off car at present, even borrowed for bent dog bone. At least I had something to borrow from, just never thought it would come to this shipwreck. I'll probably
IMG_20161227_232017825.jpg
IMG_20161227_232032229.jpg
rebuild mine as a street bullet soon.

Rich Duperbash,

I hope you are getting the kraton/talion gear set. If you are really wanting to run 6S with the big tires the additional gear reduction and the helical gears will make a difference. You can pickup a set including all new bulkheads and bearings and output cups for about $50-60 on the eBay chop-shops.

On my monster typhon I'm starting to really open her up at the bash spot and it is a blast. Every time it's in the air I'm wondering when the diffs are going to crap out, but then i forget and hammer the jump one more time ;) Aerostar servo has proven to be good, I think the servo saver needs to be tightened up, but it could be the widetails tires as well. Only issue with the monster typhon is heat, the motor is getting hot, once i add the fan I can empty the 4S lipo and not worry about it.

Rich Duperbash,

I hope you are getting the kraton/talion gear set. If you are really wanting to run 6S with the big tires the additional gear reduction and the helical gears will make a difference. You can pickup a set including all new bulkheads and bearings and output cups for about $50-60 on the eBay chop-shops.

On my monster typhon I'm starting to really open her up at the bash spot and it is a blast. Every time it's in the air I'm wondering when the diffs are going to crap out, but then i forget and hammer the jump one more time ;) Aerostar servo has proven to be good, I think the servo saver needs to be tightened up, but it could be the widetails tires as well. Only issue with the monster typhon is heat, the motor is getting hot, once i add the fan I can empty the 4S LiPo and not worry about it.
Thanks for bringing that up, actually didn't think to switch over gear sets, makes sense. If I have another failure after full shimming etc, I will change over. Are those tires pretty heavy? My guess is the sure width of them could really strain both your servo and motor from added rotational mass and resistance. What pinion are you running?

I had cut this body out awhile ago for a Backslash project, but never could figure out the fitment and gave up... Haha.

So now I might try to get it on my Outcast..

I'll probably struggle with fitment again and give up though... Lol

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/391368586125

Attachments

• IMG_20170102_145943.jpg
    IMG_20170102_145943.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20170102_150110.jpg
    IMG_20170102_150110.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_20170102_145947.jpg
    IMG_20170102_145947.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20170102_145952.jpg
    IMG_20170102_145952.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20170102_145956.jpg
    IMG_20170102_145956.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20170102_150001.jpg
    IMG_20170102_150001.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 209
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back