This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary.rvp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
I am new In paint body y put 2 Tamiya ps-56 metalic blue make 6 coat in yours experiences should I put another coat of blue paint or should I go with white to finish. I was also thinking after the white to put a black coat of paint, what do you recommend?

474EAC8D-3EB1-4EFA-A0D4-F58FBDBCC877.jpeg

EF3258BA-EEA4-4BD1-9F8D-98895FEB82BF.jpeg

I am new In paint body y put 2 Tamiya ps-56 metalic blue make 6 coat in yours experiences should I put another coat of blue paint or should I go with white to finish. I was also thinking after the white to put a black coat of paint, what do you recommend?

View attachment 99728

View attachment 99729
Depends on the effect you want but I personally would go with @BashingBrian recommendation of silver backed with black. I don’t care for white interiors. I prefer black. But black might dull the blue. That’s why a silver coat would help keep the blue bright.

another thing how many bottles of silver and black paint for this 1/7 body?

I hold it up into the light to see if any comes through. If it does, then I know I need to apply additional coats. The Mojave body takes a lot more cans of paint than I’m used to. You can spend a small fortune having to apply three different layers of different colors. ( blue, silver , then black). Most people can’t even tell the difference from 3 feet, experiment around, see if you think it’s worth it.

@MFM the crew pretty much nailed the answer. To get that metallic blue to really pop you'll wanna back with a silver. I've backed that shade of metallic blue with black and it gives you a deeper midnight blue.

@SARRT8 I've been MIA. Lol, I went ahead and got an airbrush kit so I had to get some lexan sheets and cheap bodies to practice the last couple of weeks. Little bit different skill set. BUT... I finished taping an Outcast 8s last night, have another few minutes to finish taping a Proline X Maxx Raptor, and I have a Mojave with some gorgeous custom stencils I'm starting to prep today or tomorrow. I should spray and post by this weekend ??

Sorry @gary.rvp if I pirated your thread brother!

@MFM the crew pretty much nailed the answer. To get that metallic blue to really pop you'll wanna back with a silver. I've backed that shade of metallic blue with black and it gives you a deeper midnight blue.

@SARRT8 I've been MIA. Lol, I went ahead and got an airbrush kit so I had to get some lexan sheets and cheap bodies to practice the last couple of weeks. Little bit different skill set. BUT... I finished taping an Outcast 8s last night, have another few minutes to finish taping a Proline X Maxx Raptor, and I have a Mojave with some gorgeous custom stencils I'm starting to prep today or tomorrow. I should spray and post by this weekend ??

Sorry @gary.rvp if I pirated your thread brother!
is okay I am new in the Hobby I am learning thanks for all your help ??

Any recommendations to reinforcement of the body? I buy shoe glue but what is best fiber tape ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back