Body panels for roll cage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Hey guys was just looking for thoughts on what I should use to make body panels for a roll cage? I was thinking maybe buying a sheet of 24 x 12 x 0.060 polycarbonate. I don't feel like spending $60 on the pre painted panels that are for the cage, the clear body is on backorder but it is still $49.99..............

Sheet lexan or even aluminum sheeting of similar guage . Just a bit harder to work with alu. Depends on the rig you are using it on.

Sheet lexan or even aluminum sheeting of similar guage . Just a bit harder to work with alu. Depends on the rig you are using it on.
Lexan is a brand of polycarbonate.

Hey guys was just looking for thoughts on what I should use to make body panels for a roll cage? I was thinking maybe buying a sheet of 24 x 12 x 0.060 polycarbonate. I don't feel like spending $60 on the pre painted panels that are for the cage, the clear body is on backorder but it is still $49.99..............

poly is probably going to be your best bet.. especially if you plan to paint them with a certain color.. but you could always get some thin carbon plate as well if you want a killer carbon look...?

Lexan is a brand of polycarbonate.
Sorry, I was being redundant. I always refer to PC as Lexan. Most people don't, I know. Sheet styrene is also an option. Depending on the rig. How hard will you bash it? Is it a Crawler etc.? :)
Lexan is the brand name by the originator of PC. By product from Aerospace industry.
RC bodies were always referred to as Lexan Plastic 30 years ago. I am old I know.:LOL:

Last edited:
Does it need to be clear? Paintable? Throw me a friggen bone here...
Doesn't have to be clear or paintable, I was just thinking pc because it is cheap and comes in clear so I could paint it if I wanted to.
Sorry, I was being redundant. I always refer to PC as Lexan. Most people don't, I know. Sheet styrene is also an option. Depending on the rig. How hard will you bash it? Is it a Crawler etc.? :)
Basher.

Doesn't have to be clear or paintable, I was just thinking pc because it is cheap and comes in clear so I could paint it if I wanted to.

Basher.
What the vibe going to be? I would think some diamond plate would be bad ass.

What the vibe going to be? I would think some diamond plate would be bad ass.
Might be a bit heavy. Sorry to be a bit more specific this is the cage off of the Losi TEN SCBE.

Last edited:
At that price I might as well buy the factory body panels.

I'm going to see if I can find a smaller sheet I don't think I need 1,152 square inches.
Haha I was looking for an example. Didn’t even look at the price. Here’s tile from Home Depot that would be cheap by the tile.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/202654025

Haha I was looking for an example. Didn’t even look at the price. Here’s tile from Home Depot that would be cheap by the tile.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/202654025
$91.72 per box $4.79 a square foot comes in a box that covers 19.15 square feet.
Last night I was able to find a 24x12 sheet of lexan for like $12, and I'm sure I could find diamond plate vinyl as like you all said it would look bad ass.
I'll do some searching around and see what I can find.

$91.72 per box $4.79 a square foot comes in a box that covers 19.15 square feet.
Last night I was able to find a 24x12 sheet of lexan for like $12, and I'm sure I could find diamond plate vinyl as like you all said it would look bad ass.
I'll do some searching around and see what I can find.
They always have an open box that you can grab a few tiles out of. ??‍♂️

What kind of BFE do you live in?
We have Lowes, Menards, Ace Hardware and Rapid City hardware or something like that, they used to be a Hardware Hank.
And I almost forgot about the True Value over by the Airforce Base.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back