Body protection/reinforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
Any experience w zip systems stretch tape and automotive door guard for the edges?

I came across this on Facebook group Oct 15. Took a screen shot and sadly I can’t locate this anymore given since I couldn’t get the authors name. But it “seems” like a good idea. It’s a little expensive at $60 for 6inx 20ft. But if it works good it’s potentially worth it.

I hate shoe goo and dry wall tape. Smells awful and takes a long time to do a whole body. And it doesn’t really seem to hold up long on my short course bodies anyway.

I guess some folks use window screens. Rather than drywall tape (which I’ve never done))

I put the door guard on an old infraction body that is pretty beat. Tore right off the front but that’s not really a fair trial given the shape the body is in.

87CD456E-B96E-40A4-9268-714F54C1B1B7.jpeg

Thanks for the link! Looks great and you can’t beat the price. I wonder how much it would help resist body tears and cracks. Better than nothing I‘m sure. I’ll try it!

Edit: I just ordered a couple of their products. I have three bodies I’ll be doing soon (when my paint finally gets here) and I’ll post a review here at some point. Glad you posted this link, they have everything protection wise to do new bodies and the prices aren’t horrible.

Last edited:
Zip tape has a lot of tensile strength. Hard to rip. The stretch version will make the inside/outside corners easier to pull in one piece. Definitely waterproof also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back