Body Reinforcement and other crash replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hofschalk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Hi Guys,
has anybody some pictures of a body reinforcement?
The Body on both of my front tires is broken and i tried some ducktape but it didn't work.

and i have to complain about the so called HD (heavy duty) Hingepins in my truck. after 5 rides, both are broken now.

I have to order some spare parts . any aditional ideas what parts will break often so i can order them?

Last edited:
Hi. My son's Fury started cracking in the same place. It seems the hobby method is some drywall tape and shoe-goo. I did this to my son's truck and it seems to be holding up quite well.

Another trick is using some aluminum air conditioning/HVAC tape in the wheel wells where the tire rubs.

Ideally, this would be done when the body is new, but it helps with repairs as well.

As for additional parts, look into the aluminum lower chassis, and the chassis rails. Won't hurt to have a spare motor either.

See my experience here: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/motor-replaced-now-this-part-verification-needed.2040/

Last edited:
Hi. My son's Fury started cracking in the same place. It seems the hobby method is some drywall tape and shoe-goo. I did this to my son's truck and it seems to be holding up quite well.

Another trick is using some aluminum air conditioning/HVAC tape in the wheel wells where the tire rubs.

Ideally, this would be done when the body is new, but it helps with repairs as well.

As for additional parts, look into the aluminum lower chassis, and the chassis rails. Won't hurt to have a spare motor either.

See my experience here: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/motor-replaced-now-this-part-verification-needed.2040/

Nice info!
I think we all have this problem ;)

Well,
was out today on a racing track. wasn't the best condition and unfortunately my front Body Mount broke. That could happen but then i had the great idea to lower my body to ride a few more laps with the great result, that the body cut in my brandnew Lousie Pioneer tire :(

Now the car stand a few days because i have to order the new mount international ( i think towerhobbies has it in stock)

I think the Body isn't worth any improvement now. every corner is broke. i think about getting a new one too and reinforce it before the first ride

Do you race your truck?

It's hard to say without actually seeing it, but I might consider patching it up the best you can and using it as a basher body. It would give you a little experience/practice before putting the tape and goo on a new body.

Granted, it's not a difficult process, but at least you'd have a little experience behind you. If you do race, you don't want to make it too heavy.

Just a thought.

I don't want to race with serious opponents. it's just a local track in my hometown and I met the chairman of the club to join them to have a place to ride. and it was a lot of mud on the track, so i hit a big jump a few times and run to short.

I already showed the link on a different thread(not my run):

yes, i will keep the body for bashing.

As you live in nice Munich, you have many German (online) shops and ebay.de at your proposal!

I cannot imagine they have not this part in stock.

Even some online Dutch shops might have it in stock!

As you live in nice Munich, you have many German (online) shops and ebay.de at your proposal!

I cannot imagine they have not this part in stock.

Even some online Dutch shops might have it in stock!

EBay international sellers only and there is a nice munich Shop, but they have to order it themselves an it almost twice expensive as towerhobbies. Let's see how fast they ship. (Probably i will have to pay german taxes, if customs stop my delivery)

EBay international sellers only and there is a nice munich Shop, but they have to order it themselves an it almost twice expensive as towerhobbies. Let's see how fast they ship. (Probably i will have to pay german taxes, if customs stop my delivery)

If customs does not stop your delivery you are lucky ;)
If they do, you pay eventually the German price and have to wait as long I am afraid...:(

Sometimes there are German based sellers of Arrma parts on Ebay.de
I got a Fury BLX roller that way!

Me again,
stripped my whole Fury after the last, very muddy, run. I think the Pinion Cover is the weakest part on the car. this tiny screwholes will break again (almost no power when i fixed the screws :mad:)

short update:
still waiting or my parts from towerhobbies. i hope they arrive this week.
i got a new Body from ebay, Looks really nice. tried to do the thing with the tape and glue on the new Body, but the tape won't stick on the Body. i think i try it with the glue at the same time.

new Shocks are in the car now, but they need a proper refill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back