Body shell paint removel ...didnt go well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all ...royle cock up today.
Was reading few posts on how to remove body paint from shell ..few said use acetone...so I thought I'd try it big mistake only wanted to post it green haha check out this mess 😞 now need new body it will haveco wait till end of month till payday haha hence me trying to remove paint and bein tight 😄 feel abit silly but thought I'd post it on here incase others try it . Might save someone ruining there's

20210506_194942.jpg

20210506_194922.jpg

Any bodys for sale UK? 👀

Last edited:
I hear nitro fuel works the best, but still leaves the body a little hazy.

GENTLEMEN!! Welcome to Paint Club. The first rule of Paint Club is: You do not talk about Paint Club. The second rule....Ok, ok, I think you get it ;-)

The company Carson has a product called Paint Killer. Tamiya makes a similar product (I have personal experience with the former but not the latter) and I'm fairly certain there are probably a few other out there if you search for them. I originally bought one of the silver V2 Infractions. A friend of mine bought the same one so I wanted mine to look different, if for no other reason than to avoid confusion while hooning around and suddenly realizing that I have my eye on the wrong car followed by watching mine plow face first into a curb, car or child. So I removed the majority of the silver paint, leaving the silver on the splitter, wheel wells, side runners and tail gate. I then gave it a black paint job, the result of which you can see in the pics below. This paint stripper is made specifically for lexan/polycarbonate and won't make it brittle as seen with the acetone and actually, doesn't mar the surface at all. It's not perfect, but that's more attributable to the fact that I ran out of stripper. You CAN get the paint all the way off but hats off to Arrma's painting process as it is on there like white on rice (or like sauer on kraut in my case). If you plan on doing this with a body of this size, plan on using at least two spray cans or bottles of the stuff.

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG

1652434042433.jpeg

1652434056141.jpeg

Happy stripping!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back