Outcast Body support tower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis.W

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Hi,

Have anyone noticed that the tower in the middle of the car above the motormount/center diff is out of place for supporting the body? (As i guess is the meaning of this ”tower”.)
If you check under the body when its in place on the car the support sits almost right in the driving compartment of the body

Also the protective decal inside the body for this is way back on the body.

I turned the whole thing around and moved the decal to a better position.
I checked photos of outcast and they all seem to be the same.

don't know if this is a good or a bad idea but it seems better this way.

Attachments

• 69AC228C-747F-491E-AD7E-1CCC08083E2B.jpeg
    69AC228C-747F-491E-AD7E-1CCC08083E2B.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 07096A70-17DB-4E79-89A8-8989AD27DC0C.jpeg
    07096A70-17DB-4E79-89A8-8989AD27DC0C.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 52
Hi,

Have anyone noticed that the tower in the middle of the car above the motormount/center diff is out of place for supporting the body? (As i guess is the meaning of this ”tower”.)
If you check under the body when its in place on the car the support sits almost right in the driving compartment of the body

Also the protective decal inside the body for this is way back on the body.

I turned the whole thing around and moved the decal to a better position.
I checked photos of outcast and they all seem to be the same.

don't know if this is a good or a bad idea but it seems better this way.

I never looked close but I thought it was a bit forward. I’ll be turning mine around good find!

I noticed the same thing on my Outcast when I first got it, and thought that perhaps it had been installed backwards as well. However, once I started really looking at what forces are exerted where, in the event of a hard rooftop landing, it made sense to me as to why Arrma positioned the tower/pad so far forward.
I'll try my best to describe my thought process in deciding not to spin the tower around 180 degrees.....
The way the roll bar and body are tied together along with the position of the flat tower pad, most of the force exerted in an upside down landing comes through the vertical part of the cab/window area as it makes a 90degree turn where the front part of the bed starts.
Note that the most rigid part of the back cab area (or back window) is positioned right in the middle of the tower pad where the force of impact is evenly distributed down the center of the tower.
When you spin the tower around 180 degrees the most rigid impact area of the body moves to the very front part of the tower pad, subsequently shifting the downward force forward through the tower and into the plastic center diff mount as opposed to the more rigid aluminum motor mount.

I hope that kinda sorta made sense^

I noticed the same thing on my Outcast when I first got it, and thought that perhaps it had been installed backwards as well. However, once I started really looking at what forces are exerted where, in the event of a hard rooftop landing, it made sense to me as to why Arrma positioned the tower/pad so far forward.
I'll try my best to describe my thought process in deciding not to spin the tower around 180 degrees.....
The way the roll bar and body are tied together along with the position of the flat tower pad, most of the force exerted in an upside down landing comes through the vertical part of the cab/window area as it makes a 90degree turn where the front part of the bed starts.
Note that the most rigid part of the back cab area (or back window) is positioned right in the middle of the tower pad where the force of impact is evenly distributed down the center of the tower.
When you spin the tower around 180 degrees the most rigid impact area of the body moves to the very front part of the tower pad, subsequently shifting the downward force forward through the tower and into the plastic center diff mount as opposed to the more rigid aluminum motor mount.

I hope that kinda sorta made sense^

I thought the very same. The force is supported right under the rear window. Flipping it will allow the cab to push down and the support push up in the front of the bed area. Now I’m conflicted as to what to do. The sticker doesn’t line up. I don’t wanna destroy the body though.

I didn't understand the sticker placement either but then again I knew it was coming off so I could lay down 2 layers of gorilla tape.

I understand your point. But my personal opinion is that the tower the pad sits on is a construction to distribute the impact evenly where ever the impact sits on the pad. I saw at the inside of my body that the roll cage had been visiting inside the cabin at the rear window. The body flexes and moves and let the roll cage go upside the cabin. Also the body has its bars on the outside to even out an hand upside down landing backwards at the body.

But i’m no engineer in any way what so ever

I will try it out for a while and see what happens.

Gorilla tape is an good idea as it already has eaten through the decal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back