Kraton Body to cover rear shocks & tower with the wing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nulli

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've seen too many rear tower bendings plus I have cf towers waiting to be installed but only if I find suitable body to cover the rear shocks and I also would like to keep the wing & the body support tower.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I haven't actually put it on yet but I have an old XXL2e body laying around that dry fits really well onto there.

I use the Grave Digger body and the body has plenty of coverage for the Shock towers, and you just cut out the back like I did for the Wheelie Bar. I will say that I really like not having the wing on there. Of course my main use is as a basher, so downforce is not super high on my list or needs. This way the car lands on its wheels after a crash much more often. I actually run the outcast wheelie bar now. and my shock towers are just as pretty as the day I installed them.

Here’s some pics of the dry fit. The wing itself is off but the bracket supports the rear of the body perfectly.

Attachments

• 13BCE21D-C0C2-436E-B67F-02D3D7DA373E.jpeg
    13BCE21D-C0C2-436E-B67F-02D3D7DA373E.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 0FBC174E-D636-420F-BD41-B5A0A2A1388B.jpeg
    0FBC174E-D636-420F-BD41-B5A0A2A1388B.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 7691B8E9-80F0-4D9E-B4FD-09F2CF68EFF0.jpeg
    7691B8E9-80F0-4D9E-B4FD-09F2CF68EFF0.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 124
Nice to know about the Losi body, thanks.
Seems to fit sweet but can you tell if the body support tower (post edited) also has room?

Nice to know about the Losi body, thanks.
Seems to fit sweet but can you tell if the body support tower (post edited) also has room?
Good question and amazingly enough, the body sits right on it. I was playing around with it a bit more last night to see if the suspension travel would have any issues or rubbing on full turns...It was absolutely perfect. With some of the proline body mounts, the body would fit perfectly. I also did some checking and there are plenty of unpainted xxl2e bodies out there so you don't have to rock the losi logos on the armma. lol

I use the Grave Digger body and the body has plenty of coverage for the Shock towers, and you just cut out the back like I did for the Wheelie Bar. I will say that I really like not having the wing on there. Of course my main use is as a basher, so downforce is not super high on my list or needs. This way the car lands on its wheels after a crash much more often. I actually run the outcast wheelie bar now. and my shock towers are just as pretty as the day I installed them.
Where does on purchase this body and what rear bumper is that. I like

https://parmapse.shptron.com/p/1-8-grave-digger-clear-body-decals?pp=15

I used the Body mounts for the X-maxx, with the screw down body clips. Because it sits higher than the stock body, there is no need for the middle roll cage. and the tall body posts have enough flex to offer a ton of protection for the shocks and shock towers.

And that rear bumper is the T-BONE Basher I believe. I used to run the T-bone in the front too, but then I got the T-bone VX4(?) for the front and really like the look and strength it has.

Too bad that XXL2-E body is so expensive.

I need the roll cage because my UBEC & telemetry sensors occupy there plus it really helps to keep the body longer in shape.

I got the first one of these they ever sold, and I put it on a V2 Kraton. I had to find some longer screws and add a spacer. I sent them pictures and talked to them on the phone, and they said they fixed the issue I had, for future customers. They offered to send me a new one, but I just asked them to send me the new spacer they were adding to the kit.

I have no idea if this is a direct fit for the V3 Kraton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back