Boiling parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockyelvis

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
New owner here, 2 wks in, 8 runs so far, no breakage yet, anyone boil their parts to soften material, this was common to do on losi LST2 , wing and mount, has been done already seems to be holding up OK so far, however I've not really put the hammer down yet as I'm fine tuning my ramps and track

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_185255385.jpg
    IMG_20200617_185255385.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 59
I boil my arms once or twice a year to make my arms streight again because they end up like bananas after a while imagine with rom arms how banana they will be

New owner here, 2 wks in, 8 runs so far, no breakage yet, anyone boil their parts to soften material, this was common to do on losi LST2 , wing and mount, has been done already seems to be holding up OK so far, however I've not really put the hammer down yet as I'm fine tuning my ramps and track

I've heard of doing this but never have. I land perfectly every time! It's tough being me, hard work! :ROFLMAO: The only time any plastic parts were in water for me was when a set of arms I wanted were only available in white so I RIT died them.

Yes i do and I think it definitely helps. I've just boil dyed a full set of plastic and it looks a slightly different colour but not really very successful. I've been boiling hd wingmounts for a few years and like you say they definitely last longer. I've switched to the POS mount now as it incredibly strong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back