Vorteks Boost metal slipper upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercer1987

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m currently in the process of upgrading my boost to a 3s system, Ive got the steel slipper 3s assembly but I’ve ran into a few problems, I’ve put the bearings into the new metal mount power unit but when I close it all up there is some back and forth play on the spur , I’m not sure if this is right or if it’s supposed to be solid?
Also on the old boost slipper there was a red section with a spring and a nut that the center driveshaft slides onto once assembled, but the new steel slipper hasnt got this and instead both sides have female ends and I can’t see any way of attached the red section to the new slipper, I may be being a complete noob here but any help would be appreciated

I’m currently in the process of upgrading my boost to a 3s system, Ive got the steel slipper 3s assembly but I’ve ran into a few problems, I’ve put the bearings into the new metal mount power unit but when I close it all up there is some back and forth play on the spur , I’m not sure if this is right or if it’s supposed to be solid?
Also on the old boost slipper there was a red section with a spring and a nut that the center driveshaft slides onto once assembled, but the new steel slipper hasnt got this and instead both sides have female ends and I can’t see any way of attached the red section to the new slipper, I may be being a complete noob here but any help would be appreciated

I believe there needs to be 4 slipper plates for the metal spur.
How many did you install?

I believe there needs to be 4 slipper plates for the metal spur.
How many did you install?
I bought the ready assembled unit

DB253C9A-C975-46BC-9C34-EA40940A8442.png

From what I can see searching YouTube I think I need this part, the one that came from the boost assembly was twice as long and went through the whole unit and had a spring and a nut on one end

Attachments

• E00B9D97-C70B-43F3-9F82-BFB827389476.png
    E00B9D97-C70B-43F3-9F82-BFB827389476.png
    701.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Once you click the motor module in it won’t move back-and-forth. You need this to connect the drive shaft to the spur hub…
ARRMA Slipper Shaft, Red: BLX 3S, ARAC9102 https://a.co/d/236dnRt

C36827F1-4AA5-45E9-BCED-C33C2EE39472.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back