Kraton Both front bumper screws snapped. Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickyTheGee

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi All

You guys were very helpful when it came to my last question. Just really hope someone can help me with this one.
I have had my Kraton for 8 days and taken it out twice.
When i did take it out this morning though the front bumper has sheared off completely leaving the two mounting screws snapped off in the mounting holes. I am now completely unable to use the car or the front pins will just fall out. To say i am unhappy is an understatement, as i stated i have had it less than a week and have used it twice!!! I am now unsure of how to even fix it as the screws are snapped off inside of what looks like the front diff housing. Whats really annoying is i did buy an RPM front bumper but it doesn't state on the website i got it from that it wont fit the V3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Hi All

You guys were very helpful when it came to my last question. Just really hope someone can help me with this one.
When i did take it out this morning though the front bumper has sheared off completely leaving the two mounting screws snapped off in the mounting holes. I am now completely unable to use the car or the front pins will just fall out. To say i am unhappy is an understatement, as i stated i have had it less than a week and have used it twice!!! I am now unsure of how to even fix it as the screws are snapped off inside of what looks like the front diff housing. Whats really annoying is i did buy an RPM front bumper but it doesn't state on the website i got it from that it wont fit the V3.

Thanks

Rick

Post a picture please.

As far as I know the only front bumper that is a direct fit on the V3 Kraton is the T Bone Racing one.
To get the RPM bumper to fit you need this.
AR330230 use the part circled in red.
20181206_160534.jpg

To be completely honest I don't think it's going to be easy to get the screws out of the bulkhead. I can send you a new bulkhead if you are in the states. Just pm me your address and I'll send it out. I also might have a spare one of the parts I circled above.

Hi All

Thanks

Rick
Hey there, I came onto this thread hoping for help but it seemed no one had an answer yet, so I will explain what I did. So me the screws sheared right at the aluminum suspension pin retainer. I loosened the 4 screws below the bulkhead just enough that there was space between the aluminum retainer and the chassis. Next I removed both of the lower control arm pins. The aluminum piece is not threads so I very gentle worked it off with a small pry tool and my fingers. After that came off I grabbed my cutting pliers (because they sink into the soft metal of the screw and get a better grip) and then slowly rotated. After a few rotations the screws came out my hand. I hope this helps anyone else who has this problem!!!

@BuckinBronco thank you for this post. I registered for this site today just to ask this question. Bought my first rc car in 20 years this week (kraton 6s v5) and sheared these two screws just like you on my first day running. Your comment that the aluminum retainer is not threaded saved me plenty of headaches. Now I just need to replace the screws and decide which bumper to use. Thinking exb if I can get my hands on it.

EXB or RPM with the hingepin holder mod, to avoid the screws breaking and stripping.
You can always do your own mod and don't have to rely on yet another bumper. Simple alu strip, anything strong enough to hold the pins in, there is no force applied to them.

Welcome back to RC!

20200106_175804.jpg

12.9 steel black. I think I used stainless above but they are soft and, if I drop them, I can't use a magnet. That is an older pic and I swapped since.
Suggest to get yourself a bunch and not buy them 1 at a time. Almost everything is M3, except the motor screws which are M4.
Stainless would work ok on anything where you do not need high strength, anything plastic to plastic is ok.

ebay or other possibilities as well
https://www.amazon.com/iExcell-Tens...&keywords=screw+12.9+m3&qid=1612126667&sr=8-3

You can buy individual packs here, pick the most common length
https://www.ebay.com/usr/monsterbolts?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

12.9 steel black. I think I used stainless above but they are soft and, if I drop them, I can't use a magnet. That is an older pic and I swapped since.
Suggest to get yourself a bunch and not buy them 1 at a time. Almost everything is M3, except the motor screws which are M4.
Stainless would work ok on anything where you do not need high strength, anything plastic to plastic is ok.

ebay or other possibilities as well
https://www.amazon.com/iExcell-Tens...&keywords=screw+12.9+m3&qid=1612126667&sr=8-3

You can buy individual packs here, pick the most common length
https://www.ebay.com/usr/monsterbolts?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Those iExcell kits are nice I use monster bolts to get the sizes that don't come in the kits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back