Bottom opening in the spur gear box causing constant gear stripping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Actionjackson001

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
I am rather new to the hobby, i have two Typhon buggies, it seems that with much run at all in the dirt, the opening in the bottom of the transmission sucks up dirt or small pebbles and strips the spur gear and require replacement or cleaning constantly. Is there some sort of reasonable fix? What works, what doesn't? Any help at all I would appreciate, it is not overly difficult to take apart but takes time and dampers the joy of playing.

Check out the @Camaroboy383 fix by using 3M double sided tape to line the bottom perimeter of the power module, leaving the red tape on.

I am rather new to the hobby, i have two Typhon buggies, it seems that with much run at all in the dirt, the opening in the bottom of the transmission sucks up dirt or small pebbles and strips the spur gear and require replacement or cleaning constantly. Is there some sort of reasonable fix? What works, what doesn't? Any help at all I would appreciate, it is not overly difficult to take apart but takes time and dampers the joy of playing.
Typhon 3s or 6s?

Typhon 3s or 6s?
3S
Check out the @Camaroboy383 fix by using 3M double sided tape to line the bottom perimeter of the power module, leaving the red tape on.
i cant find that post now again that had the picture Camaroboy had of the red 3m tape, I am so new here i am having trouble finding things....?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back