Kraton Bought a clear body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find that if I want a durable matte effect, I paint the inside of the body the colors I want. Then remove the outer protective plastic where I want it matt. Then just use Tamiya PS clear matte on the outside. Just my technique. If you want the whole thing matte. just spray the whole outside. It takes scratches and scuffs much better and clear matte spray can be reapplied to clean up any damage down the road.
I tried doing a matte color outside and it wears through the color much like the Notorious Body. But some like that worn effect on the outside. Also, it's easier to make any regular color a matte by doing this. More color options I think. I don't feel I am the best painter out there. There are many takes and techniques. Prep. is key.
@2015GTRBE , you have good painting skills. :)

Last edited:
Figured I’d be different and paint up a body. Anyone have any suggestions for a color you’d like to see the Kraton in?

I was thinking...

1. Snow camo
2. Marine Camo
3. Metallic orange /matte black
4. Nardo grey / something
5. White/ black (storm trooper)
6. Dark metallic anodized blue
7. Deep metallic red/ matte black

What do you think?
Snow camo!!!!!!

Modern snow camo I did on my Tekno EB48.4

Attachments

• C0C704D4-C562-416B-BE72-04364E12FA41.jpeg
    C0C704D4-C562-416B-BE72-04364E12FA41.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 67
  • D5A5687F-5B27-486E-9A3B-523055F231A6.jpeg
    D5A5687F-5B27-486E-9A3B-523055F231A6.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 63
You should hit the outside of the shell with one of your ceramic coatings before you take the pics. It will probably add some depth and gloss to it.

hmm not a terrible idea, but I can’t with the matte I don’t own ceramic coatings for that finish. But..... we could ceramic coat our trucks to make clean up easier

hmm not a terrible idea, but I can’t with the matte I don’t own ceramic coatings for that finish. But..... we could ceramic coat our trucks to make clean up easier

Yep, I’m going to start spraying them with a ceramic coating like the new Megs or Turtle Wax coating for that exact reason. Gonna coat the whole thing. They should just blow off easily after each run.

Does the matte paint go on the outside of the shell?

Yep, I’m going to start spraying them with a ceramic coating like the new Megs or Turtle Wax coating for that exact reason. Gonna coat the whole thing. They should just blow off easily after each run.

Does the matte paint go on the outside of the shell?
Yep the matte clear goes outside. Check out hemistorm on YouTube he has good DIY ideas

One more...
If snow camo is a popular vote I’ll do a second body with snow camo with maybe red accents and an Arrma forum painted logo

Attachments

• 399148FD-514E-4B69-A860-925B68D55E1E.jpeg
    399148FD-514E-4B69-A860-925B68D55E1E.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 45
Yep the matte clear goes outside. Check out hemistorm on YouTube he has good DIY ideas
Hemistorm is the best painter out there. Bar none. IMO. He hates decals. :LOL:His Graphics are painstakingly done. He has a great eye for color schemes too. I have a lot of respect for RC painters. I search him out all the time. He slowed down a bit. He had some health issues. He had a video regarding that and promised he would start doing more now. He tells it like it is. Pulls no punches. His product reviews are dead on. ProLine paid him to come to the USA and paint bodies for a promo release.
I've been using "Rain-X for Plastic" on my bodies that don't have any matte outside. It cleans up well with a quick rinse in the sink.

Last edited:
One more...
If snow camo is a popular vote I’ll do a second body with snow camo with maybe red accents and an Arrma forum painted logo
And then donate it to a forum giveaway?? ???????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back