Granite Bought a granite today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dramaward86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Bought this truck and brand new out of the box it will not break the tires loose from a dead stop in woodchips. It takes a second or two and then she takes off like a bat out of hell. HELP! Have contacted HH.

Here are some things you can do to hopefully fix this issue.

1) Set your end points for steering, neutral, throttle and brake.
2) Turn your punch setting up a level. My Big Rock was set at 3 out of the box.
3) Check your slipper to make sure it's not too tight or loose.

After all that is done, do a couple of passes. If it still isn't biting hard enough, adjust your slipper again. That's about all the help I can give with the knowledge I have. But I'm pretty sure that's about all you can do.

Didn’t you make a separate post about this same issue earlier today? It’s okay to continue the same subject in one single post…unless you have 2 granites with the same issue. Then my bad 🙃

Didn’t you make a separate post about this same issue earlier today? It’s okay to continue the same subject in one single post…unless you have 2 granites with the same issue. Then my bad 🙃
I did. I wont do that again. Sorry. Do believe I figured out the problem. After tearing it down i found that arrma put an 18t pinion gear. Waiting for battery to charge and hopefully off to the woods!

Like I said before, sensorless brushless motors have a slight hesitation when you first pull the throttle. The punch default setting is on level 3. Turn it up to level 5. And make sure your slipper clutch is adjusted properly.

Sounds like the typical lag start suffered by many in the 3s line. If ypu ease the throttle on so you hear the motor 'engage' and then smash it I bet it will take off like a cut cat! If you smash the throttle to full from a dead stop you will get a split second of lag. Once up and running there is no lag. That's my experience with my Big Rock anyway. My Vorteks on the other hand does not suffer from the same issue but it has a different radio and esc.

Sounds like the typical lag start suffered by many in the 3s line. If ypu ease the throttle on so you hear the motor 'engage' and then smash it I bet it will take off like a cut cat! If you smash the throttle to full from a dead stop you will get a split second of lag. Once up and running there is no lag. That's my experience with my Big Rock anyway. My Vorteks on the other hand does not suffer from the same issue but it has a different radio and esc.
Same with mine. Even like a double clutch on the throttle and its most taken care of for me

I did. I wont do that again. Sorry. Do believe I figured out the problem. After tearing it down i found that arrma put an 18t pinion gear. Waiting for battery to charge and hopefully off to the woods!
Lol no worries man. Hope you get it all figured out! Don’t give up, it gets easier.

Like I said before, sensorless brushless motors have a slight hesitation when you first pull the throttle. The punch default setting is on level 3. Turn it up to level 5. And make sure your slipper clutch is adjusted properly.
My esc is missing punch setting 5.
Slipper bro!
With what I described do I make the slipper tighter or looser. Still green and this will make the first attempt at adjusting any slipper

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back