Kraton Bought a new front diff gear ( the big one) cant close the lid now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
Hey guys,

Its been a wile since i posted here,
My kraton kinda got on a side note when my front diff gave up xd

But now ik back in the hobby with full force
Here we go:

-I bought the new front big gear AR310497
-Bought the small outdrive AR310498

Because i thought.. better too replace them both wile the car is in surgery xd

Here comes the trouble i have :
When i push the lid on..it runs really smooth,
but every time i tighten the 4 screws of the lid even a little bit it gets harder and harder to turn the diff.. it just jams up so hard that it wont even turn anymore when the screws are tightend

I have addes pictures so you can see that the lid is not even on with all 4 bolts
This is the line were it runs free..if i put the 4th bolt in..and tighten them down a little the diff just jams up

So please help me figure this out
Any help or thought is really appriciated!

16023412595058513496780242115318.jpg

16023412884996963895224061221071.jpg

The ring gear should be put back in on the left side. Did you put it back in on the right instead?

The pinion bearings may not be seated properly after you changed the pinion

Yes i put the diff in the correct way ring gear to the left ( that was my first thought on what went wrong xd )..and i have changed the diffhousing also because it was showing little cracks were the front shocktower bolts go in..
But i think i put the bearings in like usuall there is only one way on how to get them in right?

It can be tough to get the little tabs at the bottom of the diff case cover into their slots. Don’t put the screws in until you get the cover fully in place.

405D67B7-415F-4068-A372-7DC5E958051D.jpeg

It can be tough to get the little tabs at the bottom of the diff case cover into their slots. Don’t put the screws in until you get the cover fully in place.

View attachment 103866
Yes those can be a pain in the rear haha..
But its not very clear but in the last picture you can kinda see that they are in place

I’m with jondilly1974 on making sure the cover is in place and flush before putting any screws in.
Try leaving the dogbones off and getting everything in and seated (especially any shims on the out drive) and then remove the tie rod on the hub to put the dogbones in after you get the cover on - not worth fighting two battles at once

I’m with jondilly1974 on making sure the cover is in place and flush before putting any screws in.
Try leaving the dogbones off and getting everything in and seated (especially any shims on the out drive) and then remove the tie rod on the hub to put the dogbones in after you get the cover on - not worth fighting two battles at once
To add to this, I really prefer taking the whole housing off the chassis and working with it in my hands. Then you can see much more easily.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back