Senton Bought a Senton to go with the Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
1184A205-3892-489A-8E7F-32CE94CC3845.jpeg
So I stopped by the hobby shop today and bought the last Senton on the shelf. I really like the way they look and figured what the heck. I brought it home and immediately removed the brushed system and replaced it with a Castle 1406-4600Kv motor and SW4 combo. That was the first brushless system I bought for my Granite but ended replacing it with a Mamba-X/1410-3800Kv combo.

I topped off all the shocks with 30wt shock oil, tightened the slipper clutch and took it for a spin on 2s (can’t go higher with the 4600Kv motor). I’m running the stock 17t pinion. First impression is that it handles the pavement better than my Granite, but struggles on rocky dirt. Makes sense based on the tires (plus I put Proline Trenchers on my Granite.) I did some small jumps and it is definitely easier to control than my Granite....maybe because of the wider body and longer wheel base. I like the front and rear bumpers. They are substantial. With the body on, it looks enormous next to my Granite. Hard to believe they are almost the same size.

My brushless 3800Kv Granite on 3s is definitely faster. I may go up in pinion size or just do the Yeti mod. I’m going to let my girlfriend run the Senton so she stops bugging me for the controller when I’m running my Granite, lol.

View attachment 20525 So I stopped by the hobby shop today and bought the last Senton on the shelf. I really like the way they look and figured what the heck. I brought it home and immediately removed the brushed system and replaced it with a Castle 1406-4600Kv motor and SW4 combo. That was the first brushless system I bought for my Granite but ended replacing it with a Mamba-X/1410-3800Kv combo.

I topped off all the shocks with 30wt shock oil, tightened the slipper clutch and took it for a spin on 2s (can’t go higher with the 4600Kv motor). I’m running the stock 17t pinion. First impression is that it handles the pavement better than my Granite, but struggles on rocky dirt. Makes sense based on the tires (plus I put Proline Trenchers on my Granite.) I did some small jumps and it is definitely easier to control than my Granite....maybe because of the wider body and longer wheel base. I like the front and rear bumpers. They are substantial. With the body on, it looks enormous next to my Granite. Hard to believe they are almost the same size.

My brushless 3800Kv Granite on 3s is definitely faster. I may go up in pinion size or just do the Yeti mod. I’m going to let my girlfriend run the Senton so she stops bugging me for the controller when I’m running my Granite, lol.
Is the senton the same price as the granite? Only reason I ask is my LHS has the senton BLX6s on sale for like $350-$375 right now. For the small upcharge that is a lot more truck. Just wondering. Congrats on the new rig though. Cool mods!

Is the senton the same price as the granite? Only reason I ask is my LHS has the senton BLX6s on sale for like $350-$375 right now. For the small upcharge that is a lot more truck. Just wondering. Congrats on the new rig though. Cool mods!

It is. I paid $220 and technically have $110 into it with the brushless combo. So the BLX6S at $350-$375 is a better deal for sure. My LHS doesn’t stock any brushless Arrma’s. Just the Mega’s

Installed the 32P 17T pinion and a 32P 56T spur (Yeti conversion) and the speed difference is substantial. It's probably as fast as my Granite running a 1410-3800Kv on 3s with stock gearing. Senton has 1406-4600Kv on 2s with the 17/56 32P gearing. I can't wait to get that gearing in my Granite. It's going to fly!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back