Bought a stretched non-diff Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordell12

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I picked up a stretched non-diff brain nero the other week for my son. I have had to replace the servo already, it come with a savox and now has a HobbyStar. The Nero is heavy, I removed all the steel plates to lighten it up a bit. We are running 6s but it can handle up to 8s, definitely too much power for my son at 8s. I'm curious what everyone's take is on the Nero, replacing that servo was a PIA compared to working on my Kraton. The Kraton is like a dream to work on, where the Nero is like a nightmare (my experience so far).

How often do things like the diff's need to be serviced or replaced? I know this MT is crazy bad a$$ but I am considering trying to make a trade for a Kraton, or selling it and buying a Techno MT410 and giving the Kraton to my son. He already wants me to un-stretch the truck, and I can't bring myself to destroy this masterpiece. The quality work the original owner put into it, he must've spent quite a bit of time on it. Plus the fact that it will be a huge pain.

Is there a powerful enough servo that will turn this beast while not moving? Even while slowly going forward I can't get this thing to turn at its full capability. It will do max turning while on the stand, and while in reverse though. The servo mounting space is very limited, be nice to fit a 1/5 servo in there.

Post some pics ;)

it is different to work on for sure; sometimes having to remove 1,2,3 parts to get to the one you have to. The design and look of the nero is very kewl. I have a new nero with no electronics, and have gotten through 90% building a fazon hd; has been put on-hold for Kraton and x-Maxx projects.

I hear this jx Servo is pretty good for the price; going in my x-Maxx:
1FCA01D0-3BBC-4A50-8408-3CD236D5F249.jpeg
8282200A-20E2-44BF-8F13-8D8AB5002B27.jpeg

Post some pics ;)

it is different to work on for sure; sometimes having to remove 1,2,3 parts to get to the one you have to. The design and look of the nero is very kewl. I have a new nero with no electronics, and have gotten through 90% building a fazon hd; has been put on-hold for Kraton and x-Maxx projects.

I hear this jx Servo is pretty good for the price; going in my x-Maxx:
View attachment 17121 View attachment 17122

I've heard good things about that servo to you'll have to let me know how you like it. I've got a build I'm working on that I'm putting my stock ads15 servo that was in my outcast in but I don't like the brass gears. And I have the savox 1210 in all my arrmas but I'm putting the ads15 and my blx185 in my dhk maximus and making it 6s capable and I know I want a really strong fast servo for it I have a extra ads15 might just get another 1210 for it but I'm always looking to try a new product.

I picked up a stretched non-diff brain nero the other week for my son. I have had to replace the servo already, it come with a savox and now has a HobbyStar. The Nero is heavy, I removed all the steel plates to lighten it up a bit. We are running 6s but it can handle up to 8s, definitely too much power for my son at 8s. I'm curious what everyone's take is on the Nero, replacing that servo was a PIA compared to working on my Kraton. The Kraton is like a dream to work on, where the Nero is like a nightmare (my experience so far).

How often do things like the diff's need to be serviced or replaced? I know this MT is crazy bad a$$ but I am considering trying to make a trade for a Kraton, or selling it and buying a Techno MT410 and giving the Kraton to my son. He already wants me to un-stretch the truck, and I can't bring myself to destroy this masterpiece. The quality work the original owner put into it, he must've spent quite a bit of time on it. Plus the fact that it will be a huge pain.

Is there a powerful enough servo that will turn this beast while not moving? Even while slowly going forward I can't get this thing to turn at its full capability. It will do max turning while on the stand, and while in reverse though. The servo mounting space is very limited, be nice to fit a 1/5 servo in there.
Are you going to sell it? How much are you asking for it? I want an mt410 too but don't really have time to build one and finding a used one has turned out to be impossible. Let me know, text me at 8053699500

Are you going to sell it? How much are you asking for it? I want an mt410 too but don't really have time to build one and finding a used one has turned out to be impossible. Let me know, text me at 8053699500

idk, if anything I'd prob sell my Kraton as a roller. That Nero, as messed up as it is to work on is one tough son of a B. The tougher the RC, the less repairs I have to make. I'll keep it in mind though, looking hard at the MT410 and Tower has EasyPay with it. Makes it that much more attractive lol.

What steel plates did you remove? And what did you replace them with?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back