Vorteks Bought a vorteks today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen more issues with it than positive responses. Hopefully you don't have the same issues, I personally can't stand the look of it. Surprised Trax-ass hasn't tried to sue for the hideous body as it's identical to there's damn near.

I've seen more issues with it than positive responses. Hopefully you don't have the same issues, I personally can't stand the look of it. Surprised Trax-ass hasn't tried to sue for the hideous body as it's identical to there's damn near.
Haven't had a single issue with mine, and it absolutely rips 👍

I think that's because you only hear about the bad stuff.

Mine has been rock solid and gets used everyday, many times a day. Had it since release.

Some say it uses more battery juice than 'normal'. I tested it against my Big Rock and the Big Rock used more battery after 5 minutes of running than the Vorteks. 🤔

The clicky drive train looks to be just that a clicky drivetrain. No issues encountered there. The Vorteks actually runs very quiet.😋

Having it geared up a bit explains more battery drain but it seemed very similar to my typhon (with stock gearing) when using an SMC graphene pack.

Yea my vorteks has been absolutely awesome... Today i had one of my nastiest crashes in a long time. I hit something the truck tipped on its side smacked into a metal pole(HARD) then deflected off of that and it cart wheeled about 30 times..I was doing 40 to 50mph ..i thought for sure i was gonna be hitting up jenny's .... The only damage that i could find was a few deep gouges on the inside of the rear end of body....maybe i got lucky or this thing is tough as they come!

No issues here. Still runs like a dream and I've ran it hard, pleasantly surprised that it's held up.

Had mine a couple of weeks. Only put about 10 packs through it, but my 7 year old daughter drove it at a skate park (on 50%) and it has survived a few crashes that I thought would kill it. It’s my first modern RC car as I’m back in the hobby after a 25 years and so have mainly been building Tamiya and Kyosho stuff. The durability of this this thing might not be amazing by Arrma standards but I think it’s incredible how tough it is. Performance is the best I’ve driven, and that was on 2S. On 3S it’s an animal By the standards of any RC car I’ve seen up close.

I purchased a metal spur because I expect to need it at some point, but that’s because I’m not confident ill be able to recognise the noise if/ when the motor moves after a crash and then eats the plastic spur.

It’s hard to tell at the moment whether the wheels being fragile and badly set factory pinion mesh are widespread quality control issues, or just some very early trucks sent out. I bet Arrma puts a bit more effort into checking the cars they send to YouTubers for their next launch though!

Last edited:
Had a friend purchase one about a week after release and it only likes certain batteries. Doesn't like the 2 smart batteries we've used in it but is fine with a ovonic battery even while running an adapter. While running the smart batteries it would go to limp mode but would run through the entire ovonic battery until it hit LVC. Doesn't make much sense and hobby shop refused to replace it. The esc also refused to be reset and it wouldn't cycle through the programming options.

Wonder why it’s main competition the rustler VXL is $130 more in Canada. Not real smart on tracxas is part. I love my Traxxas to but I think the Aarma is a better buy!

Even at the $50 price difference here in the US, I think the Vorteks is a better buy. My friend is deciding between the two and seems to be leaning to the Arrma, even though he likes traxxas.

I'm pretty new to RC cars but just built my first kit on another brand, and I picked a Vorteks up last week and have been using it at my local track almost every day since. I've had a lot of fun with it and it takes serious abuse even though I don't bash it, my local track is just very rocky and has jumps that are too large and break all cars. It's extremely fun and is very fast. I might even go so far as to say I like it better than my Typhon 6S even though I love buggies. I bumped the punch up one level for added excitement. I think it looks absolutely fantastic too.

Today a screw came loose from inside the hub which made the entire wheel, bearing, and part that attaches to the drive shaft just entirely fall off after a small jump. Really quick fix right at the track with how the hubs are designed and just tossed some blue loctite on the screw that came loose, otherwise I've had absolutely nothing break after probably 10 batteries.

Had a friend purchase one about a week after release and it only likes certain batteries. Doesn't like the 2 smart batteries we've used in it but is fine with a ovonic battery even while running an adapter. While running the smart batteries it would go to limp mode but would run through the entire ovonic battery until it hit LVC. Doesn't make much sense and hobby shop refused to replace it. The esc also refused to be reset and it wouldn't cycle through the programming options.
Hit up Horizon and see what they have to say

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back