Vorteks Bought a vorteks today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@BrokeBoiRc Thats weird because i use the spektrum 5000 mah smart lipos 100c tho and i have not one problem...run it til one light starts to blink on remote....it has power to compared to my other non smart 5000's....also imo i wouldnt do any adapters on the vorteks....its already demanding to much from most lipos👶

Went to local hobby shop checked out Vortek. It’s nice. Defiantly a lower to ground truck but I like it. Owner told me he sold 20 and not one complaint yet

My first 3s anything. I hit up Jenny’s and loaded up in a bunch of spares.
3s trucks are fun and cheap, you're been missing out lol. I have two Arrma 3s trucks and said I wouldn't get the Vorteks, but guess what, just ordered one lol, have to stay off YouTube. 🤣

Ordered mine from a-Main took care of the cvd issue straight away and put upgraded cvd’s all the way around (no wheels flying off for me)🤤. Emptied the shocks added 80w all around and checked the diff and topped them off before initial run. Went to local outdoor track and ran it hard. Went through 4 smart batteries and when 4th was about dead came down hard on front tire and broke an a arm. Fixed it when I got home ran the exb after that lol had a blast with it and can’t wait to run it again

Ordered mine from a-Main took care of the cvd issue straight away and put upgraded cvd’s all the way around (no wheels flying off for me)🤤. Emptied the shocks added 80w all around and checked the diff and topped them off before initial run. Went to local outdoor track and ran it hard. Went through 4 smart batteries and when 4th was about dead came down hard on front tire and broke an a arm. Fixed it when I got home ran the exb after that lol had a blast with it and can’t wait to run it again
Show us what you did with the cvd’s.

1959D816-241A-4A43-920C-A4AB19CF345F.jpeg

F63A5DD6-3E27-48A1-8937-51F7BF6CB2D6.jpeg

Ordered them when I ordered the car swapped my 3s typhon to those as well they are worth every penny

Last edited:
Nice!! And these too?

ATF11A01 Aluminum Differential Carrier Case - BLX 3S 4S

ATF11Y02 Aluminum Differential Yoke Set Arrma 1/10 4x4​

ATF9337 Steel Helical Diff Ring/Pinion - BLX 3S 4S​

I bought two from someone that had them for three days and beat the hell out of them. One had a broken shock and a slightly bent motor mount but still ran fine. The other had a very bent motor mount and a stripped spur gear. I verified mesh with both, disassembled and reassembled both slippers, and fixed the motor mounts (and of course the shock). Both cars are much quieter than they used to be, but with 5200mah batts, I get LESS than five minutes run time. So far more yawns than yays.

The Vorteks will drain a battery a bit faster due to it being geared higher but 5 minutes is abysmally short. Something else might be going on. Bad battery or something binding, maybe.

Still waiting on mine, being drop shipped from Horizon. 2 days No delivery conformation, guess it's on the postal US Tour.

Mine came from horizon as well. Shipped via FedEx. Got to my city but then nothing for 5 days. Not a fan of FedEx

Nice!! And these too?

ATF11A01 Aluminum Differential Carrier Case - BLX 3S 4S

ATF11Y02 Aluminum Differential Yoke Set Arrma 1/10 4x4​

ATF9337 Steel Helical Diff Ring/Pinion - BLX 3S 4S​

yes my typhon has the upgraded metal diff parts and new diff cases
also just for curiosity i threw my smart 6s esc and motor from my exb in the typhon and omg insane is all i can say, and yes that setup held on 6s, even the metal geared 4s slipper.
I did not get the metal yoke, just the crown and input gears and new diff case for those, did not video it on 6s but did a couple passes on 6s, so if anyone wanting to give that setup a shot in any other 3s rig will prob most likely hold up to 4s with no issues.

Still waiting on mine, being drop shipped from Horizon. 2 days No delivery conformation, guess it's on the postal US Tour.
Horizon has incredibly slow shipping. Everything I order from them takes forever.
Mine came from horizon as well. Shipped via FedEx. Got to my city but then nothing for 5 days. Not a fan of FedEx
FedEx really sucks IMHO. I think they are the slowest out of the Big 3 shippers, USPS, UPS and FedEx. If the tracking says the package is in your town on Monday but the expected delivery date is for Friday they will let the package sit in their shipping hub for a few days. No way will they deliver it early. I really hate FedEx. If I can, I will pay extra for the vendor to use a different shipper than FedEx.

I ordered a e-revo and a vorteks. Shipping from a-main. Doing the two week tour! Pricing in Canada is not comparable to the exchange rates. Hobby shops!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back