Vorteks Bought a vorteks today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this morning, I checked the weather and it said it'd rain at 2. Got a battery charged up (by 11) to do a speed run with my RWD non-Arrma vehicle. By the time the battery was done, it was pouring rain. Sitting here waiting for my charger to ever so slowly discharge the pack, I looked outside and the rain stopped, the road was dry. Figured I'll discharge the battery a bit faster by running my Vorteks up and down the street in front of my house. By the time I got the GPS attached, the cells were at ~3.9V (SMC Graphene). Really enjoying this little Vorteks.
IMG_20210521_145057_9522k.jpg

Horizon has incredibly slow shipping. Everything I order from them takes forever
And that's a shame, my 2 Kratons and Outcasts were ordered from them and was here in about 3 days. That was in 2019.

So this morning, I checked the weather and it said it'd rain at 2. Got a battery charged up (by 11) to do a speed run with my RWD non-Arrma vehicle. By the time the battery was done, it was pouring rain. Sitting here waiting for my charger to ever so slowly discharge the pack, I looked outside and the rain stopped, the road was dry. Figured I'll discharge the battery a bit faster by running my Vorteks up and down the street in front of my house. By the time I got the GPS attached, the cells were at ~3.9V (SMC Graphene). Really enjoying this little Vorteks.View attachment 147144

I use the same GPS!

20210516_213439.jpg

Ordered mine from a-Main took care of the cvd issue straight away and put upgraded cvd’s all the way around (no wheels flying off for me)🤤. Emptied the shocks added 80w all around and checked the diff and topped them off before initial run. Went to local outdoor track and ran it hard. Went through 4 smart batteries and when 4th was about dead came down hard on front tire and broke an a arm. Fixed it when I got home ran the exb after that lol had a blast with it and can’t wait to run it again
Yea i had a wheel come loose so i went through and put loctite on wheel axles where the cvd screws into....and on the diffbend where tye cvd hooks up i used a tooth pick and put some loctite in each screw hole and tightened cvd's down no problems since....i also noticed that there is really no adjustability with the vorteks and the slipper....mine at recommend manual settings was 1 full turn out and then another quarter turn everything was good but i wanted a little more wheelie on demand tightened slipper a half a turn in , so still i was almost a whole turn out from factory and in a few days i had a cvd pop out of the 4way looking yoke on the tire side....once that happens u are beat it will keep popping out ....so ordered new stockers (cvd 's jennys rc special) 😂 this time loosened slipper back to one full turn and another quarter and things are good therebisbno stretching or egging the cvds out and no more popping out....of course we all know its throttle management too....but what fun is that 😂 ....stay mashing the gas

Yea i had a wheel come loose so i went through and put loctite on wheel axles where the cvd screws into....and on the diffbend where tye cvd hooks up i used a tooth pick and put some loctite in each screw hole and tightened cvd's down no problems since....i also noticed that there is really no adjustability with the vorteks and the slipper....mine at recommend manual settings was 1 full turn out and then another quarter turn everything was good but i wanted a little more wheelie on demand tightened slipper a half a turn in , so still i was almost a whole turn out from factory and in a few days i had a cvd pop out of the 4way looking yoke on the tire side....once that happens u are beat it will keep popping out ....so ordered new stockers (cvd 's jennys rc special) 😂 this time loosened slipper back to one full turn and another quarter and things are good therebisbno stretching or egging the cvds out and no more popping out....of course we all know its throttle management too....but what fun is that 😂 ....stay mashing the gas
The axels I bought that isn’t an issue there isn’t a u joint to pop out like the stock shafts

Outside of the two stub axels in the front being slightly bent resulting in really wobbly front wheels, my Vorteks has been the highlight of my bash trips amongst my friends and I. I have a few other trucks (Maxx, Tenacity DB Pro, Big Rock 3S) and the Vorteks easily gets the most trigger time. Fantastic truck, easy to drive and really durable. Hate that I had to replace the stubs out of the box but it was only about ten bucks.

I'm in New Zealand so have to deal with the importer via the Hobby shop I bought the car from. So I have to ship it back and wait for them to diagnose, fix and send back. Never again.
Yeah, not a fun part of this huh.

It's not no but I'm learning all the time and will take a different approach next time. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I beg to differ 🤔
Yeah we can learn (51 here). Ive found you can teach an old doug new tricks.

I've got 5 years on ya. 😋 I've been told I'm going through a mid life crisis. If that's the case I'm loving it. There is no crisis.
Nah, no crisis needed. Just a reckoning of sorts and redeux of some type. Done and on with life.

Hot Racing Arrma 4x4 Aluminum Differential Yoke​

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...ntial-yoke-red-hraatf11y02/p-qezlq2qanzqxactz

No vorteks in parts compatibility. Can any one verify it will fit a 3s vorteks?
Should see my stuff Monday or Tuesday.
Just ordering up a few more things.
Yes it will fit the only design change for the shock tower/diff housing on the vorteks compared to the rest of the 3s line in the lowered shock mounting point other then that nothing different

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back