Vorteks Bought a vorteks today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new addition to the fleet arrived today. Ran three batteries through it. I’m impressed with it so far. It’s a little brother for my V5 Kraton.

046E7519-9B32-49E5-B041-B4312A1DB1BF.jpeg

First bash went off without a hitch. It sure is a fire cracker.
esc after one pack 117
Motor 148
Ambient temp 73
No complaints for what it is and what it’s worth. It’s fun!! Pounded my ramp a pile of times
It’ll do front flips and back flips. Very controllable in the air. No breakages.
F16CF568-2086-4A02-B818-A3CB1736506D.jpeg
BE78C5D1-2D41-4ADF-B327-ABA43A9A0711.jpeg
B6A5EB54-AB87-40DF-B314-5F9CC0D6F79F.jpeg
22997301-8DCD-48E7-8119-454349DA61E8.jpeg

esc after one pack 117
Motor 148
Ambient temp 73
No complaints for what it is and what it’s worth. It’s fun!! Pounded my ramp a pile of times
It’ll do front flips and back flips. Very controllable in the air. No breakages.
View attachment 152193View attachment 152194View attachment 152195View attachment 152196
Where’d you get that heat temp little thing? Tried to look it up to no avail…
Nice! Mines due in Thursday…thought Monday at first but no lol.
Correction! It’s out for delivery by 8pm 😀

For the little bit of time that I use it there was no need to pay $40 for one. The one I got serves it's purpose just fine.
I get that. I use mine a lot. I am learning about my cars and in San Antonio we’re already hitting 101 degrees. This is my first summer with real RC cars lol. I’d love to have a small one that easily fits in my light weight shorts pocket, but it’s not a need…just a want.

I get that. I use mine a lot. I am learning about my cars and in San Antonio we’re already hitting 101 degrees. This is my first summer with real RC cars lol. I’d love to have a small one that easily fits in my light weight shorts pocket, but it’s not a need…just a want.
Yeah, I guess San Antonio is pretty warm. Up here in Pittsburgh it isn't as warm. Only 69°F right now, so I don’t use my temp gun as much up here.

Or you could upgrade the radio kit and get this on the transmitter. Once i figure out how to add another model I’ll see what temps I get from the little beast.

Yeah, I guess San Antonio is pretty warm. Up here in Pittsburgh it isn't as warm. Only 69°F right now, so I don’t use my temp gun as much up here.
Yup. From my view the heat here is fine. When I lived in CA 20 years I loved to ride in 98+ temps. But it was 30% or less humidity there. Here it’s almost always 70% humidity and often 90% or more. That freaking hurts.🤔 does humidity with heat affect motor cooling in anyway? That seems like a silly question but one I gotta ask now that I thought of it.

Going to be above 100° here this week. Not good for the ESC/motor temps but not an issue since it's also too hot for me to be running around out there.

esc after one pack 117
Motor 148
Ambient temp 73
View attachment 152193View attachment 152194View attachment 152195View attachment 152196
Nice, motor on this rig can get a little toasty, probably over geared just a little OTB.
Where’d you get that heat temp little thing? Tried to look it up to no avail…
Harbor Freight has the temp gun, they're on sale a lot. The Duratrax is very nice also, fits in your pocket easy.
20200617_045732.jpg

Nice, motor on this rig can get a little toasty, probably over geared just a little OTB.

Harbor Freight has the temp gun, they're on sale a lot. The Duratrax is very nice also, fits in your pocket easy.View attachment 152277
Yeah you sure wouldn’t run two packs back to back

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back