Outcast Bought my first 8s 1/5 monster truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packattack24

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 8s
I picked up an outcast 8s yesterday and oh my lord is that thing a ripper!!!! The amount of power that it throws down while being so big and weighing 25lbs is absurd. So far I have to say this has been my favorite first drive with any rc car. I cant wait to start truly ripping and bashing on it when the weather gets nice.

Hey bro congratulations! I don’t own one but it’s a cool rig..
cheers,
kev

I picked up an outcast 8s yesterday and oh my lord is that thing a ripper!!!! The amount of power that it throws down while being so big and weighing 25lbs is absurd. So far I have to say this has been my favorite first drive with any rc car. I cant wait to start truly ripping and bashing on it when the weather gets nice.
I really love my Outcast 8s too. Mine has almost all the aftermarket stuff like M2C chassis, powerhobby XL belted tires, XLX2 hehe. Make sure to put an extra strap across the battery trays since that will prevent your batteries from being ejected if one of the straps breaks. That's happened to me already. I use the ARRMA 6s strap (the big one). It works perfectly for that. Enjoy your beast!

I have a 8s Outcast and 8s Kraton. I honestly enjoy the Outcast more. Ive had many many bad landings with it and it just keeps going. You will enjoy it for sure excellent choice

I have a 8s Outcast and 8s Kraton. I honestly enjoy the Outcast more. Ive had many many bad landings with it and it just keeps going. You will enjoy it for sure excellent choice
What is it that you enjoy more about the outcast vs kraton and what caused you to get both?

What is it that you enjoy more about the outcast vs kraton and what caused you to get both?
I have both too. The Outcast 8s is a bit easier to do stunts with, but the K8S is better at turning and going very fast. I love both of them.

Sighs I'm trying to see if I can justify the money for a K8s when Ive got a K6S atm. Thanks for the inputs.
BTW, I have like $2k invested in these beasts to make them flying tanks. So they are going to need upgrades like any other RC.

I’ve got a K8S EXB and a N6S.

The K8 EXB is maximum carnage with HW MAX5 800 kv, M2C and RPM upgrades. It’s fast and brutal.

The N6S is stock electronics and Motor. It’s a real stunt truck with backflips on a tree.

I’m thinking about getting an O8S EXB too.

You think it’s worth it?

Yeah it’s impressive stock, but the stock electronics kinda feel weak after the honeymoon period…I put a Max5 esc and HW 800kv motor with 39/39 gearing and that’s defiantly something everyone should experience. The in air characteristics is like night and day, the whole throttle curve has torque everywhere…you can rip any surface just with some trigger input you can either wheelie or rip the ground up…I can’t use mine at my house anymore my yard was starting to look like a 4 wheeler was being used back there.

I’ve got a K8S EXB and a N6S.

The K8 EXB is maximum carnage with HW MAX5 800 kv, M2C and RPM upgrades. It’s fast and brutal.

The N6S is stock electronics and Motor. It’s a real stunt truck with backflips on a tree.

I’m thinking about getting an O8S EXB too.

You think it’s worth it?
I was able to bend the chassis even on my EXB K8S. How high would you jump it? I jump my rigs around 26ft off my friend's huge ramp at the park. What I don't like about the Outcast is that the body lasts way less than the K8S body. If I could only have one, I think that I would choose the K8S EXB. It's more stable and can fly further ad you can put down the power down better. If you already have a K8S, I don't see a need for an Outcast 8s. That's my honest opinion 👍

I was able to bend the chassis even on my EXB K8S. How high would you jump it? I jump my rigs around 26ft off my friend's huge ramp at the park. What I don't like about the Outcast is that the body lasts way less than the K8S body. If I could only have one, I think that I would choose the K8S EXB. It's more stable and can fly further ad you can put down the power down better. If you already have a K8S, I don't see a need for an Outcast 8s. That's my honest opinion 👍
Well I don't want to go flying to the Moon, I like doing Flips and stuff. The K8S with 800KV and 39/39 Gearing is very easy to control in the Air too.
I made my custom K8S body and added Shoe Goo - indestructible! I can recommend this.

Well I don't know - first Im going to buy a nice little Big Rock for my Son.
Yeah it’s impressive stock, but the stock electronics kinda feel weak after the honeymoon period…I put a Max5 esc and HW 800kv motor with 39/39 gearing and that’s defiantly something everyone should experience. The in air characteristics is like night and day, the whole throttle curve has torque everywhere…you can rip any surface just with some trigger input you can either wheelie or rip the ground up…I can’t use mine at my house anymore my yard was starting to look like a 4 wheeler was being used back there.
What Punch are you driving in MAX5 ESC?

Well I don't want to go flying to the Moon, I like doing Flips and stuff. The K8S with 800KV and 39/39 Gearing is very easy to control in the Air too.
I made my custom K8S body and added Shoe Goo - indestructible! I can recommend this.

Well I don't know - first Im going to buy a nice little Big Rock for my Son.

What Punch are you driving in MAX5 ESC?
I leave it on 5

Okay 5 is brutal. Never had any issues with drivetrain? Especially center diff?
I did with the rear diff cup fasteners backing out after about 20 runs with the Max5, just fought the fronts but I put in the Arrma aluminum diff cups hen I seen that. I did the M2C overkill cvd axels after the first 5 runs on the Max5 combo, they weren’t broke or bent I just did it to prevent a issue…center diff has been bullet Proof for me, I put ear plugs in it 5 runs before the Max5 and was fine all the way up till last week, I took it out to inspect everything and change the plugs out. When I bought the truck I tore it down and inspected everything and added fluid to the diffs just to check QC since I had horrible issues with my Talion exb I got right before it. If I jump it’s never higher then 15ft and I never land touching the throttle. That’s where most problems happen…that shock.

It’s defiantly a lot more money but my Outcast 8s with the Max5 combo is the most satisfying rc I own…I don’t jump it big, if I got higher then 10-15 foot I’ll use my Xmaxx it’s a lot lighter and more forgiving if you land wrong.

It’s defiantly a lot more money but my Outcast 8s with the Max5 combo is the most satisfying rc I own…I don’t jump it big, if I got higher then 10-15 foot I’ll use my Xmaxx it’s a lot lighter and more forgiving if you land wrong.
I only do 26ft jumps with my 8s Arrmas. They can take it. Except when you land wrong like that time I landed completely upside down. The center diff module came off the chassis since all the bolts broke on it and I bent the front center driveshaft. The M2C chassis was fine though 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back