Big Rock Bought myself a new rig...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burgerking

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
IMG_20210613_164528.jpg
IMG_20210613_164536.jpg

Thanks for the help lads 🤠, just waiting on a ec5 charger cable 😭

Last edited:
They are very close cars, with the big rock having bigger and softer tires and actual bumpers. So the Typhon handles way better with the smaller profile tires, small body and a wing, but the big rock will be better for rough terrain and jumps.

Get them both, then you will have both area's covered
Hahaha I wish
They are very close cars, with the big rock having bigger and softer tires and actual bumpers. So the Typhon handles way better with the smaller profile tires, small body and a wing, but the big rock will be better for rough terrain and jumps.
Cheers for the response brother, will keep that in mind 🤠

I don't like my big rock anywhere near as much as my senton. I think the senton would be a good middle ground and cover most of the bases of the other 2 options.

I have the Typhon 3s, and I love it. I rarely jump it: I'm mostly into flat runs on or off pavement. I put Pro-Line 2.8 Trencher wheels and tires on my Typhon for better stability in high speed turns off road, and I also have a set of Duratrax Bandito tires for high speed street running.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

Typhon 3S with Bandito tires.jpg

Have you had any issues with the tyres?
Yes , split a hex on a wheel after a couple of weeks and they don't give much grip. I have Granite wheels on my senton with a trimmed body and I love it, pulls wheelies, backflips and still maintains good handling with better ground clearance. I've trued the Granites on the BR and it does make it better.

I would suggest the Typhon.. super agile, insanely predictable both in the air and on the ground, super stable big air jumps...

But the beauty of it is either one you buy, you essentially have both... They are the same rig in the end with a couple different parts..👍

I would suggest the Typhon.. super agile, insanely predictable both in the air and on the ground, super stable big air jumps...

But the beauty of it is either one you buy, you essentially have both... They are the same rig in the end with a couple different parts..

I have 45 hrs on my big rock absolutely love that truck ,if you live in county big rock all day 💥

I was in the same boat, and I chose the Typhon. I liked the low profile body as it won't get torn up as easy in roll-overs. Like others have said it is the same platform with a few different bolt on parts. Arrma did a great job making things modular, so you can always switch back and forth.

Based on the terrain you mentioned, I'd start with the BRCC for the extra ground clearance. First thing I broke on my typhon was the front shock tower. Having the body cover it would've helped. And as others have said, you can always convert it to a typhon later.

The Big Rock and Typhon are essentially the same except for body and wheels. But one other difference is the Typhon has 17mm axles/hexes/hubs. More durable with better wheel selection.

Back