Box new Kraton 4s differential oil f/r

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popokesmoke

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hi I have a box new Kraton 4s.
The specs for the differential oil is 10,000 front and rear. But when I spin by hand you can feel a difference. Both spin smooth but the front spins easier then the rear? If the weight is the same front and back shouldn't it have the same resistance?
Is this normal out of the box or do I have a issue
Thanks in advance

Hi I have a box new Kraton 4s.
The specs for the differential oil is 10,000 front and rear. But when I spin by hand you can feel a difference. Both spin smooth but the front spins easier then the rear? If the weight is the same front and back shouldn't it have the same resistance?
Is this normal out of the box or do I have a issue
Thanks in advance

that would depend on how full the cup is.. the amount of fluid can impact the "feel" of it... it is quite common to see amounts lower in one diff than the other...✌

that would depend on how full the cup is.. the amount of fluid can impact the "feel" of it... it is quite common to see amounts lower in one diff than the other...✌
I was thinking the same thing. But do you know if they do this on purpose with the Kraton 4s or any other arrma rc's

I think standard diff oil is 6k front and rear, my guess is one diff has more oil than the other.

I opened mine up a few runs after new and found it to be quite empty.

Attachments

• IMG_20200518_142901.jpg
    IMG_20200518_142901.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 62
I was thinking the same thing. But do you know if they do this on purpose with the Kraton 4s or any other arrma rc's

na no purpose... just inconsistant mass production is what it boils down to.. some have very little, some half full, just depends where it fell in the line im sure.. ?

I can confirm that, my K4s had a lot less oil in the front diff compared to the rear.
filled them both up with 10k, much better grip.
on the arrma website the spare part ARA310956 is pre filled with 10k so I'm guessing that's the standard in these models.

Last edited:
I can confirm that, my K4s had a lot less oil in the front diff compared to the rear.
filled them both up with 10k, much better grip.
on the arrma website the spare part ARA310956 ist pre filled with 10k so I'm guessing that's the standard these models.
The Arrma website lists 6,000 but 10,000 seems more appropriate.
Screenshot_20200520-182812_Chrome.jpg

That's what I thought, but it shouldn't be too thick right? Guessing the slipper clutch does not like that.:unsure:
It shouldn't factor too much into the slipper at all. The f/r fluid just determines how much power is sent to either the left of right wheel. I wouldn't go too heavy in the front because I would want it to steer effectively. When you turn, the outer wheel needs to turn faster than the inner wheel. Of you go too thick that becomes harder for the diff to do. But 10k is fine is you ask me.

I think standard diff oil is 6k front and rear, my guess is one diff has more oil than the other.

I opened mine up a few runs after new and found it to be quite empty.
I'm gonna do 10k front and 15k rear. Mine had less in the front then the rear. They must do that in a attempt to match up to a lighter diff oil to save money?‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back