Kraton Box new Kraton with bad wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popokesmoke

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Is it normal to have tires warp from sitting in the box for long? Both my Kraton and granite have wobbly wheels. Is it alright to send it? Do they just need to be ran for a bit because they just sat for so long?

Just run it and they will even out. The tires will get flat spots over time like any other car. This why I always remove them and prop the chassis off the table (suspension unloaded) when I’m not using it.

So here's how I balance mine. On the front remove the cvd dog bone from the diff and put it to the side. It needs to be able to spin freely so the wheel can land heavy side down.
Once you've got that spin the wheel and mark the spot that lands at the bottom. It should land there every time. The the top is where you add weight. This balances wheels and tires perfectly for free.

Here's the thing. I've tried a jb weld and it fell off. Someone here recommended using Play-Doh. Im searching for something permanent as it gets old going through the motions.

I've never seen a wheel and tire gain the proper balance by running them. That's a first. I ruined the rear bearings by running with wobbly wheel and tires tho... Just swapped them last week.
How would you balance them? Never actually thought about it...
So here's how I balance mine. On the front remove the cvd dog bone from the diff and put it to the side. It needs to be able to spin freely so the wheel can land heavy side down.
Once you've got that spin the wheel and mark the spot that lands at the bottom. It should land there every time. The the top is where you add weight. This balances wheels and tires perfectly for free.

Here's the thing. I've tried a jb weld and it fell off. Someone here recommended using Play-Doh. Im searching for something permanent as it gets old going through the motions.

I've never seen a wheel and tire gain the proper balance by running them. That's a first. I ruined the rear bearings by running with wobbly wheel and tires tho... Just swapped them last week.
Oh and do yourself a favor and vent the tires and tape the hole on the wheels. Its paramount...

Attachments

• 20200604_191107.jpg
    20200604_191107.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200604_191147_HDR.jpg
    20200604_191147_HDR.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I'll say this. The power layed down by a balanced wheel& tire is greater and more enjoyable then a wobbly one.

Do they wobble in mid air when you jump a ramp?

Interesting, I can see the reason behind getting more power from a balanced wheel but I wouldn't expect it to be significantly measurable.

Killing bearings I can fully understand... Not to mention to Wobbling\vibrations through the whole truck.

Oh yeah it turns the truck into a total different beast. Its like it knows its purpose. I can vouch for this as I have to keep mine balanced due to the new foam I installed in my tires. It isn't a full sized vehicle, but the concept is exactly the same. Less wheel hop translates to more power put down and more fun??

I suggest you run them first so the foams settle in and the flat spots get ironed out, then balance if you want. I recently started balancing all of my wheels. A 1:1 car would run with severely unbalanced tires too but it would run like poop and wreck the bearings and bushings.

I use Patafix, in the US Blue tack is something similar I believe. Survived pressure washing. Falls off a wall, but stays on the rims! :) There's RC branded balancing clay too. It's easier to do than it sounds. I have some fresh rear hubs with new bearings that I used to find the heavy spot.
BTW the rims are probably wobbly and the tires aren't glued perfectly either, bit just getting the weight centered helps a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back