Braided Fishing Line - Anti Ballooning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch213

Jump it, Break it, Fix it
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
I saw a video about wrapping power pro (braided fishing line) around tires (on a big monster truck...important detail missed) and I thought it was the best idea Id seen for tires yet..... So, I got out my fishing tackle and went to town with two lines of 50lb power pro around outside of each tire.....It looked awesome and I was totally happy with my work...

I gave the Outcast a quick spin around the block and all was good....I was ready to go bash it.... Went to bed happy with my work....! The next day I went to have fun with the truck.....I beat on it for a min or so and handed it off to my son and I went to jump my Talion. In about 5 min my son is yelling that the truck keeps going around in circles and I knew I was fu*$ed in some way.... Went over and the braid let go on front tire and wrapped around the upper arm and turn buckle about 30x and got in the shaft too.... I have been salt water fishing my whole life....I would have put my life on the knots I tied....

So, I do not recommend doing this on an Arrma...They are too fast and rip tires too hard especially in the rocks like by me. I will try a light wire next that can take more abuse....

Thats a good idea....he stretches them over? he must have access to them at a shop...you would need to go through a bin of them to find the right size... which tire does he use them on??

I have also used the fishing line method and it works ok. When using it on paddle or similar non open treads, we sew the line under the paddles with a needle. This is time consuming but holds up ok.

yeah that is good too but def would take forever...

The O-rings are used on Typhon tires for 6s use, but there are sizes large enough for monster truck tires.

if you talk to him and he knows the ID size, I would def love to try that...

I'm heading to his place shortly to drink a beer or two or three (ha ha) will find out for tomorrow.

I saw a video about wrapping power pro (braided fishing line) around tires (on a big monster truck...important detail missed) and I thought it was the best idea Id seen for tires yet..... So, I got out my fishing tackle and went to town with two lines of 50lb power pro around outside of each tire.....It looked awesome and I was totally happy with my work...

I gave the Outcast a quick spin around the block and all was good....I was ready to go bash it.... Went to bed happy with my work....! The next day I went to have fun with the truck.....I beat on it for a min or so and handed it off to my son and I went to jump my Talion. In about 5 min my son is yelling that the truck keeps going around in circles and I knew I was fu*$ed in some way.... Went over and the braid let go on front tire and wrapped around the upper arm and turn buckle about 30x and got in the shaft too.... I have been salt water fishing my whole life....I would have put my life on the knots I tied....

So, I do not recommend doing this on an Arrma...They are too fast and rip tires too hard especially in the rocks like by me. I will try a light wire next that can take more abuse....

I've done it on the Badlands that are on my Typhon and the Trenchers that are on my Kraton. I used the worst knot imaginable, but I glued them line to the tires every inch all the way around.

20181117_204950.jpg
20181117_204954.jpg

I did it on my outcast tires and I think the gravel just broke the line...either way, not worth it....That poop took me like 10 min to get out cause I didnt have my knife on me and you cant bite through 50lb braid...

someone said hydraulic o rings...that seems like a good idea on a tire with even tread openings

If your wheels are spoked maybe nylon ties through the spokes and over the tires would work? Might work for off road runs..

i used 50lb too...idk...maybe i just caught a rock on the knot....i didnt glue though... only wrapped 2x also....

Attachments

• IMG_2722.jpg
    IMG_2722.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 132
k...ill give it try like that....you use ca glue?

The size on the o-ring package is 2.65 x 2.75 x 0.070 Kepco Sealing Supplies. These O-rings will stretch over a Kraton sized tire. Once on the tire,add ca glue, very quick and seems to hold up well.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back