Brainstorming Granite DHL Supply Chain Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiggs H

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Howdy! Happy Thursday and happy opening day! (for baseball fans)

I have been away from the forum for a little while, but have not stopped working on RC related things so I just realized I could put this out there for comments, tips, suggestions and otherwise conversation about my vision.

I work in 3rd Party Logistics, and I work for DHL Supply Chain (ie: not the little package carrier delivery van guys). I thought it would be cool to have a DHL themed paint job on a fresh Granite body (because it's already trimmed and would fit, eliminating the need to trim and fit an aftermarket body). So, not having photoshop on my work computer (or nonexistant home computer either to be honest) I decided to play around in MS Paint like it was 2003! Here is my first mockup, and it is not perfect by any means but it conveys mostly what I'm going for:

Granite-Excellence.jpg

Now I've already been in touch with someone on ebay that makes water slide decals that I was considering using for the DHL logos, etc. but I was curious if any of you have someone that might be better at this sort of thing. This guy makes the decals for die cast cars and plastic models, plus the only water side decals I know of in RC are on the FMS Smasher and I've seen a lot of complaints about them rubbing off too easily.

I am about to create another mockup with a slightly different color scheme, so I'm going to post that here shortly, but I was curious if any of you had any tips or suggestions on how to make this come out great, I also plan on using roof, hood and bed protectors (in red) so recommendations on the best ones (maybe not on ebay?) that I could check out, would like a bed protector that covers the entire perimeter of the bed rather than just the "tailgate" or "end".

Thanks for checking this out, hoping to get some good minds on this!

Howdy! Happy Thursday and happy opening day! (for baseball fans)

I have been away from the forum for a little while, but have not stopped working on RC related things so I just realized I could put this out there for comments, tips, suggestions and otherwise conversation about my vision.

I work in 3rd Party Logistics, and I work for DHL Supply Chain (ie: not the little package carrier delivery van guys). I thought it would be cool to have a DHL themed paint job on a fresh Granite body (because it's already trimmed and would fit, eliminating the need to trim and fit an aftermarket body). So, not having photoshop on my work computer (or nonexistant home computer either to be honest) I decided to play around in MS Paint like it was 2003! Here is my first mockup, and it is not perfect by any means but it conveys mostly what I'm going for:

View attachment 289235
Now I've already been in touch with someone on ebay that makes water slide decals that I was considering using for the DHL logos, etc. but I was curious if any of you have someone that might be better at this sort of thing. This guy makes the decals for die cast cars and plastic models, plus the only water side decals I know of in RC are on the FMS Smasher and I've seen a lot of complaints about them rubbing off too easily.

I am about to create another mockup with a slightly different color scheme, so I'm going to post that here shortly, but I was curious if any of you had any tips or suggestions on how to make this come out great, I also plan on using roof, hood and bed protectors (in red) so recommendations on the best ones (maybe not on ebay?) that I could check out, would like a bed protector that covers the entire perimeter of the bed rather than just the "tailgate" or "end".

Thanks for checking this out, hoping to get some good minds on this!

Nice Mockup!
It's NOT easy with MSPaint that's for sure.. So I know the effort you but into it. 💪

Custom cut vinyl decals (but they are Only single color) would be better suited for RC bashing applications.. at least would take more abuse than waterslick decals..

May want to try some "Baja style" themes >>
Offset racing stripes (vinyl decals) down the hood-roof-bed-tailgate..
Place a large DHL logo (vinyl decals) going diagonally across the hood/fender side. (Or the roof or rear bed..)

Just some thoughts..

Nice Mockup!
It's NOT easy with MSPaint that's for sure.. So I know the effort you but into it. 💪

Custom cut vinyl decals (but they are Only single color) would be better suited for RC bashing applications.. at least would take more abuse than waterslick decals..

Place a large DHL logo (vinyl decals) going diagonally across the hood/fender side. (Or the roof or rear bed..)

Just some thoughts..
Thanks! Yeah I think I am going to dismiss the waterslick decal idea though it would look more "painted on", I've never been to a vinyl printing store, I wonder if they could make something for me so I don't have to go to the trouble of searching online - I could get them in red since the majority of the body will be one color - maybe I'll reach out to some places and see what they can do for me - unless there is a highly recommended place online that you or anyone may know of?

Just some thoughts..
I meant to mention I like this idea as well, wasn't sure exactly what it meant so I did a google image search, looks to be similar to my second option I posted above, maybe move the red color further forward on the body, maybe having the diagonal line go across the cab.. :cigar:🤔

Thanks! Yeah I think I am going to dismiss the waterslick decal idea though it would look more "painted on", I've never been to a vinyl printing store, I wonder if they could make something for me so I don't have to go to the trouble of searching online - I could get them in red since the majority of the body will be one color - maybe I'll reach out to some places and see what they can do for me - unless there is a highly recommended place online that you or anyone may know of?

Just PM me on the size dimensions you think you need.. that would fit your truck body.

Nice Mockup!

Just some thoughts..
Although single cloured, they can be layered. And apparently there's a new Cricut that "prints" in the vinyl now. GF has been dropping hints that my rc stickers could look better if I happen to "invest" in her Cricut setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back