Felony Brake Engagement Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angrymelon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
So just wondering if this is normal with the Felony ESC, but this behavior isn't consistent with other ESCs I've used in the past. So my concern is, when the vehicle is moving and I apply brakes they work as you'd expect. However, if I apply brakes to slow the car, let off and then attempt to apply brakes again while the car is still in motion, the ESC it goes into reverse. This isn't ideal for sure and wondering if this is expected behavior with these?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the replies. I re-calibrated the ESC to the radio as a last ditch effort. Doesn't matter, if the thing is hauling the mail and you slow down even a tiny amount and then apply the brakes a second time it makes a horrendous noise. It does slow down rather quickly, but at what cost :D

Thank you for the replies. I re-calibrated the ESC to the radio as a last ditch effort. Doesn't matter, if the thing is hauling the mail and you slow down even a tiny amount and then apply the brakes a second time it makes a horrendous noise. It does slow down rather quickly, but at what cost :D

Sorry about that if you call Horizon keep us in the loop. I have a new Felony not seeing that issue but the concern of others with issues like this is alarming....sounds like a firmware update is really needed.

Seems these esc's are all over the place as far as issues, burning up, no brakes on thermal, and now this.. geeesh! I sure hope horizon gets this sorted soon..?.. I've gotten several emails from them requesting my car back for testing.. I'm not keen on the idea, I offered just the esc and smashed parts from the wreck for warranty and testing purposes... but it seems they still want the whole rig.. waiting on another reply email..?

Seems these esc's are all over the place as far as issues, burning up, no brakes on thermal, and now this.. geeesh! I sure hope horizon gets this sorted soon..?.. I've gotten several emails from them requesting my car back for testing.. I'm not keen on the idea, I offered just the esc and smashed parts from the wreck for warranty and testing purposes... but it seems they still want the whole rig.. waiting on another reply email..?
I can only speak for me...I would being that they had my entire car it has come back better or new.

I can only speak for me...I would being that they had my entire car it has come back better or new.

While I agree, I have to much time and money invested in this rig to start all over with a new one.. not to mention our days are numbered here for outings.. snow soon..?.. if I give it up now it will be months before I get it back.. there is no fix as of yet so it will be gone way longer than I have days left to run it... then it will be a shelf model until next year.. I'd rather run it within its limits until they figure out a fix..?✌

I've received one email so far from Horizon. However, they stated that my issue was working as intended. I'm hopeful that maybe the support person wasn't fully understanding my issue, so in my reply I got as detailed as I could and outlined different examples to hopefully illustrate the problem. I can't get any clearer, so only a video would be better. Fearful that they're going to respond with the same conclusion, I did ask that if this is working as intended can they point me to the product documentation that specifies as much.

Whoa, in the event they want the car back whos on the hook for paying for shipping, and how long did that process take?

I've received one email so far from Horizon. However, they stated that my issue was working as intended. I'm hopeful that maybe the support person wasn't fully understanding my issue, so in my reply I got as detailed as I could and outlined different examples to hopefully illustrate the problem. I can't get any clearer, so only a video would be better. Fearful that they're going to respond with the same conclusion, I did ask that if this is working as intended can they point me to the product documentation that specifies as much.

Whoa, in the event they want the car back whos on the hook for paying for shipping, and how long did that process take?

They pay shipping both ways.. the rig will be gone 1-3 months if sent in..that's mostly why I'm not so keen on it..

Glad that they at least pay for shipping, but I just got this thing after ordering it in August. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'll probably wait just like you if it comes to that. I can still enjoy it as is while the weather is still somewhat decent.

Have you considered the handbrake module? Just used mine for the first time yesterday and it works well.

I'm definitely loving this idea more and more 8s dilly.. what did the setup run you? I do like the idea of a back up just incase..?

While I agree, I have to much time and money invested in this rig to start all over with a new one.. not to mention our days are numbered here for outings.. snow soon..?.. if I give it up now it will be months before I get it back.. there is no fix as of yet so it will be gone way longer than I have days left to run it... then it will be a shelf model until next year.. I'd rather run it within its limits until they figure out a fix..?✌
Totally agree on that one....

Looks by there response they know there is an issue but sadly they don't have a fix....

Took mine out yesterday I drive it differently now with this going on although on although I don't have the issue just in back of my mind. Don't have full confidence like I do with my Infraction v1.

I'm definitely loving this idea more and more 8s dilly.. what did the setup run you? I do like the idea of a back up just incase..?
I have an ADS-15 with the module from JRC as part of the Infraction V2 plastics bundle. I have my CH3 EPA set for 10% and it felt like light braking via motor. If I turn it up some it will lock up the tires for sure. But I am looking for an alternative if my pinion comes off or a way to avoid motor heat.

I have an ADS-15 with the module from JRC as part of the Infraction V2 plastics bundle. I have my CH3 EPA set for 10% and it felt like light braking via motor. If I turn it up some it will lock up the tires for sure. But I am looking for an alternative if my pinion comes off or a way to avoid motor heat.

I'm 100% picking up what your putting down brother! Always awsome, and a great idea to have a failsafe.. I would be setting mine up the same way for sure, advance it until the tires lock then back it off just till they don't.. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back