Typhon Brake setting on XLX2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGGFUELER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 6s
Finally got my Typhon together. What do you guys run for brake settings on your XLX2’s?
Also, for the XLX2… there’s no feature like with the Spektrum’s where you can’t go into reverse right away? Not sure if I’m explaining that right.

I just set mine up and ran first two passes yesterday so can't give you a whole lot. I set break to 70% which is what I had my MMX8S set at but seems a bit stronger on the XLX2 as I slid and got a bit squirly breaking on a 112mph pass. As for the reverse it seemed when I was testing the XLX2 out it won't go into reverse until you are at a full stop but that was just messing around at very slow speed.

Brakes are going to vary rig to rig and will also change based on gearing. No two will be the same. Set it for what you like. I don’t care for my tires to ever skid, so I keep mine low.

Thanks guys. In regards to gearing’s effect on braking… how does that work?

Thanks guys. In regards to gearing’s effect on braking… how does that work?
The higher your geared for, the lower the torque that is available for braking as well as take off. So the brakes needed for gearing at 100mph will be much less than gearing needed at 130mph. Also take into account the additional speeds too. You’ll naturally need more space just to scrub that off as well. That’s why it’s important to slowly build up your PB and learn these nuances along the way.

When geared for speeds below 110mph 40% to 50% works well, but when geared for 180mph you will need 100% brakes.
The large pinion and small spur gear reduces the gearing torque that the motor can use to stop the car.
Just imagine driving a 5-speed manual car and trying to take off from a stop light in 4th gear instead of 1st gear.

Okay that makes total sense. Appreciate it. Anyone put their XLX2 through Castle Link lately? I've heard that the latest update doesn't play nicely with some of the TP motors and that the older one is better suited. I haven't tried Castle Link yet but would like to use it to play with some of the settings... throttle curves and such.

Okay that makes total sense. Appreciate it. Anyone put their XLX2 through Castle Link lately? I've heard that the latest update doesn't play nicely with some of the TP motors and that the older one is better suited. I haven't tried Castle Link yet but would like to use it to play with some of the settings... throttle curves and such.
Yep open your castle link first in demo mode and make sure for the XLX2 the latest is 2.11

I just set mine up and ran first two passes yesterday so can't give you a whole lot. I set break to 70% which is what I had my MMX8S set at but seems a bit stronger on the XLX2 as I slid and got a bit squirly breaking on a 112mph pass. As for the reverse it seemed when I was testing the XLX2 out it won't go into reverse until you are at a full stop but that was just messing around at very slow speed.
I'm tempted to try that with the brakes at low speed but with my luck I'll destroy a diff.

Ok so I figured out that my ESC/motor (direction) needed to be reversed. When running it I found I could go from forward to reverse instantly but not the other way around. I reversed it through Castle Link. Would there have been any difference if I’d have swapped motor leads instead?

Ok so I figured out that my ESC/motor (direction) needed to be reversed. When running it I found I could go from forward to reverse instantly but not the other way around. I reversed it through Castle Link. Would there have been any difference if I’d have swapped motor leads instead?
Yes, you have to have fwd/rev correct or you'll go backwards faster than forward.

Ok I got it swapped around. It did seem to go faster in reverse before changing it. I’ll test it out in a bit. I’ve got a 2.5yo daughter that needs attention. So needy. 😂

Ok so brakes work well. The throttle on the other hand 😂

I keep hearing this will be a normal thing. I gotta find a place to buy in bulk.

0F24981A-6530-41F0-A65A-E55F4BF4BFDF.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back