Brand bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
Went to a hobby shop in Logan villa, Ga today just to look around and the kid working there made conversation about what I was into, said I had a couple arrmas to which she told me “man arrma’s are trash, you need to get traxxas!” Me-“nah they’re not trash”. Her “but the traxxas parts are so much cheaper!” That was pretty much the end of the conversation as my brain was thinking about all the parts I’ve looked at for traxxas. I guess when you get into the 8s stuff? Idk. Can someone please open a shop in Athens GA? I’ll help!

Went to a hobby shop in Logan villa, Ga today just to look around and the kid working there made conversation about what I was into, said I had a couple arrmas to which she told me “man arrma’s are trash, you need to get traxxas!” Me-“nah they’re not trash”. Her “but the traxxas parts are so much cheaper!” That was pretty much the end of the conversation as my brain was thinking about all the parts I’ve looked at for traxxas. I guess when you get into the 8s stuff? Idk. Can someone please open a shop in Athens GA? I’ll help!
in my opinion, traxxas parts are cheaper, but i originally went to a hobbyshop because i wanted a stampede 4x4 but i got reccomended the granite 4x4 AND it was like $120 cheaper so i went with the granite and i'm glad. although traxxas parts are cheaper, the trucks just cost more on the initial purchase :(

in my opinion, traxxas parts are cheaper, but i originally went to a hobbyshop because i wanted a stampede 4x4 but i got reccomended the granite 4x4 AND it was like $120 cheaper so i went with the granite and i'm glad. although traxxas parts are cheaper, the trucks just cost more on the initial purchase :(
I have both brands and you've pretty much nailed it right there.

TBH it tires me when people go off like that, its not soccer, or boxing....theres no stats to back anything up, its just opinion.

I’m not loyal to anything, I would love to have an xmaxx or even the maxx. But for the price I could get some pretty killer stuff from arrma. And the 3s to 4s is really more my speed still!

I’m not loyal to anything, I would love to have an xmaxx or even the maxx. But for the price I could get some pretty killer stuff from arrma. And the 3s to 4s is really more my speed still!
same here, i don't really have a side but because i have an arrma im an arrma fanboy :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: i was also actually looking into getting a maxx as well!

There are far too many good RC's from so many good manufacturers you'd be a fool imho to pick just one RC manufacturer to spend your money with.

I love Arrma RC's and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone but I've also got RC's made by other manufacturers and have owned maybe 15 different RC's in just the last 24 months, ...it's telling though that the ones I keep and won't sell are my Arrma's, Serpent's and Losi 8ight RC.

There are far too many good RC's from so many good manufacturers you'd be a fool imho to pick just one RC manufacturer to spend your money with.

I love Arrma RC's and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone but I've also got RC's made by other manufacturers and have owned maybe 15 different RC's in just the last 24 months, ...it's telling though that the ones I keep and won't sell are my Arrma's, Serpent's and Losi 8ight RC.
Did you just call me a fool?!! Just kidding. I like the interchangeability of the Arrma line, which is why I went all in. Looking at all the other amazing offerings available now, I wish I had more disposable income to branch out. If I do bite the bullet, it's definitely going to be a kit this time. All the knowledge I've gained in the past three years can now be applied to a full custom kit build. Maybe Tekno in the future.

Did you just call me a fool?!! Just kidding. I like the interchangeability of the Arrma line, which is why I went all in. Looking at all the other amazing offerings available now, I wish I had more disposable income to branch out. If I do bite the bullet, it's definitely going to be a kit this time. All the knowledge I've gained in the past three years can now be applied to a full custom kit build. Maybe Tekno in the future.
:LOL:

That's a fair point, ...in fact that is why in 2019 I sold a Hobao VTE I had bought literally only 3 weeks earlier just so that I could buy the newly released then Arrma Limitless as I loved that it shared a lot of parts with the Typhon I already owned & had spares for.

That being said I could still never dedicate myself to just one brand ~ variety is the spice of life as they say. :p

Same here.

I'd love to own a TLR 8ight-XTE, a Tekno MT410, an Axial Ryft, a Traxxas Hoss, etc., but I am short on space, time and $$$ to own them all. I also don't have the space and desire to stock spare parts from various manufacturers.

I realize I am missing a big part of the fun by sticking to a single brand, but in my case it's the rational thing to do. It is likely that I will add a 3rd RC to my fleet in the next few months, but I don't see it being anything else than an Arrma 3S or 6S (maybe a 4S, depending on what they come up with...we should know soon enough! :) )

I give all RC brands a look to see if there is something that fascinates me enough to buy one . So far , my fav is Arrma , have a couple Losi trucks , and TRX , the only reason I have a Stampede 4x4 VXL and Rustler is those were our ( daughter and me ) first RC's a few years ago and we chose to keep them . Also around that time ( 3 1/2 years ago ) , got an Xmaxx . With that said I'd venture to say the Xmaxx is the best thing to come from that camp !!!! Still have ours , won't sell it , esc just took a poop , so now is powered by Arrma !!!! LOL . Had the Slashes and the Maxx , in short , they're gone now !!!!
I am a SCT guy , so any moment will be getting the UDR to complete my collection of short course RC's . Is this a mistake , don't know , if so it won't last long around here either !!!! LOL

Never understood why store owners/managers don't train their staff to be supportive of all products they carry and deriding a potential customer is never a good thing. Money is money, whether it comes from an Arrma fan boi or a Traxxas fan boi.
Exactly, let me support the brand I want to support, whether you like it or not I'm entitled to my own opinions and its MY money that I'm spending and I can decide how I spend it.

I give all RC brands a look to see if there is something that fascinates me enough to buy one . So far , my fav is Arrma , have a couple Losi trucks , and TRX , the only reason I have a Stampede 4x4 VXL and Rustler is those were our ( daughter and me ) first RC's a few years ago and we chose to keep them . Also around that time ( 3 1/2 years ago ) , got an Xmaxx . With that said I'd venture to say the Xmaxx is the best thing to come from that camp !!!! Still have ours , won't sell it , esc just took a poop , so now is powered by Arrma !!!! LOL . Had the Slashes and the Maxx , in short , they're gone now !!!!
I am a SCT guy , so any moment will be getting the UDR to complete my collection of short course RC's . Is this a mistake , don't know , if so it won't last long around here either !!!! LOL
I LOVE the UDR .. so much fun!
I'd love to own a TLR 8ight-XTE
This is in my future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back