Kraton Brand new arrma kraton v2 issues possibly-questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been reading a lot of negative post about the kraton.... I have the newest one tht just came out an I hope it isn't all all horrible like 95% of kraton owners been thu...... ITS SAD

image.jpeg

I been reading a lot of negative post about the kraton.... I have the newest one tht just came out an I hope it isn't all all horrible like 95% of kraton owners been thu...... ITS SAD

View attachment 2421
Whaaat? Where are all these bad reviews? 95%??? Lol I have the Kraton V2, it is nothing short of awesome. If you are going by a couple minor "issues" some guys are reporting, ignore all that nonsense lol. You have the best rtr 1/8 basher on the market right there, so put your concerns behind you. :)

Why would you get one if you are reading so many negative things ? I paid $410 for a RTR, it's one hell of an RC for that money. Early models had some ESC's go bad but that's about it. The rest of the issues seem to be all BS minor stuff that most long time RC people would not bother posting about. Just minor BS. These Kraton's are wicked fast on 6S, strong and handle great.
It's RC...there will be some issues here and there but overall, the Kraton is a cool RC. When I compare it to the E-Revo, I rather deal with a Kraton. Great platform.

I still think the kraton is good, I am just a little picky, arrma really needs to qc axles better, yes I am a perfectionist, the front prop shaft that came on my truck was pretty bent, and the new one I got along with basically a full set of driveshafts courtesy of arrma support, was not bent. But I really like the truck its really solid, and I really like the aluminium parts, the chassis acts as an extra heat sink for the motor lol, the heat gets dispersed off the motor fins, through the motor mount, and into the chassis. Aluminium shock bodies+caps, aluminium shock towers,... I still feel for $500 this thing with 2 2s 50c lectron pro batts, is only $10 more than a stampede 4x4. I may not even bother buying parts for this truck, if I possibly can go through customer support for wear and tear items, not stuff I broke myself, for all I know I may lose interest in this rig at some point for the 2 years they will warranty it... I am finally enjoying my kraton, already considering throwing 2 3s packs or a single 5s pack in the machine lol. I feel as RTR out of the box goes its great, most rc's that I get a need to upgrade soon after I get out of the box...

If somebody were to ask if the arrma is a good truck I ,like many of you guys would say yes its great for the money and its awesome. The one complaint I have tho is the steering servo is kinda sloppy, no big deal, all my rc's have aftermarket servos anyway cause I stripped them out. I still wonder if I could race this truggy? Like in a truggy race with some mods to make it race legal, but rc isn't too big where I am I don't live in Canada

It's designed to be an over powered basher. I think it's intentionally designed to be a bit loose and sloppy to take the hits and pounding that bashers like to throw at stuff. I don't think it's intended to be a well tuned race truck.. Upgrade it to take more bashing and big air landings but remember.....once you make one part stronger or more rigid, something else along the line may snap.

Whaaat? Where are all these bad reviews? 95%??? Lol I have the Kraton V2, it is nothing short of awesome. If you are going by a couple minor "issues" some guys are reporting, ignore all that nonsense lol. You have the best rtr 1/8 basher on the market right there, so put your concerns behind you. :)
Why would you get one if you are reading so many negative things ? I paid $410 for a RTR, it's one hell of an RC for that money. Early models had some ESC's go bad but that's about it. The rest of the issues seem to be all BS minor stuff that most long time RC people would not bother posting about. Just minor BS. These Kraton's are wicked fast on 6S, strong and handle great.
It's RC...there will be some issues here and there but overall, the Kraton is a cool RC. When I compare it to the E-Revo, I rather deal with a Kraton. Great platform.
The reviews I Redd was good until I join here! By tht time I already had the car

So does tht answer your question

Thts was up thanks

That answered my question but why not just return it then and not bother with it. Or just dig in and join in on some 6S carnage. I drove mine on 6S last night but I do have all different electronics. As for the chassis goes....it's real awesome. The stock motor is great, stock ESC ok, the TX and RX suck. Overall it's a great RTR. I'm glad I went with one. On 6S it sure is one powerful RC. Any time you got a 6S RC running on 6S, there is going to be some mishaps...you may be hearing about that from beginners that just charge and go. The only bad thing I read was about the first V1 ESC's burning up on 6S. That has been corrected with all new electronics and connectors. I say just dig in and Enjoy.. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Ok all you haters... it is rediculous to think you just unbox and go and never have an issue... i absolutley love my kraton v2!! It has taken a pounding. Everyy rc car is gonna need work things break bearings wear out atires blow up co.e unglued. Nothing is bullet proof... the bearings are metal shielded not so great but a good oppertunity to learn how to maintain a rc car. My buddys erevo is on 6s he eats a diff every 5 runs has hundreds and hundreds in aluminum diff crap spiral vut hardened gears all hot racing steel axels and drive shafts geared up with badlands and max amps 6000mah3s 100c batteries.... i have a arrma kraton box stock gearig, badlands, and 2 duratrax onyx 5400mah 50c 3s batteries.... we raced up and down the road, we were dead even my total cost for all my kraton batteries and badlands was less than he paid for his erevo with none off the sruff he has now just brand new box stock. I have broken a few things however i pound the snot out of it he babies that erevo drives it around the park when his wife walks the kid kind of thing.... me well let this video speak for itself. I can do this all day long and maybe break a shock rod end. I have upgraded springs to tekno orange 90mm all around changed the oil in shox and diffs, geared to 16 toooth pinion since we raced... now i will spank him no doubt. And let me have then maxamps then i will wheelie by him... lol yep this is a beast even on 4s and i run a 6500mah 60c 4s smc hardcase lipo it is a blast to drive so much more durable than junk erevo. Diffs are massive in the kraton, mod 1 gearing, steel cvd axels steel dogbone style center drive ahafts the kraton is 100% the choice over any other tryggy style truck in my opinion. There are better ones im sure but for 500 bux you cant beat this thing.

Last edited:
That answered my question but why not just return it then and not bother with it. Or just dig in and join in on some 6S carnage. I drove mine on 6S last night but I do have all different electronics. As for the chassis goes....it's real awesome. The stock motor is great, stock ESC ok, the TX and RX suck. Overall it's a great RTR. I'm glad I went with one. On 6S it sure is one powerful RC. Any time you got a 6S RC running on 6S, there is going to be some mishaps...you may be hearing about that from beginners that just charge and go. The only bad thing I read was about the first V1 ESC's burning up on 6S. That has been corrected with all new electronics and connectors. I say just dig in and Enjoy.. Best of luck to you.
I'm running 4s on mines .... Just to be safe I'm new to Arrma, I been a Traxxas an Hpi rc dude... So when I looked at videos of the ARRMA KRATON i was super happy bout getting it never heard anything bad about it until I got it but now I no its thee older ones since I been on this form.... I just ran it 2times since I had it on 4s.... Truth be told this is the best stock rc I ever bought........ I'm planning on getting the mamba monster x to put in it an selling the stock esc,motor...... I got a Traxxas rustler on 6s with mamba monster 2 never had a trouble out it in the 2years i had the setup! But it's good to have another brand of rc after only been Hpi,Traxxas owner FO years!!!!!! Lol

Keep u all posted with upgrade until then peace,love,happiness in u guys life

Exactly, I'd like to know who makes a more durable or better designed truggy than the Kraton V2? Even at a higher price point? And it's rtr and handles like a boss out of the box. I just can't see it getting much better, this thing just doesn't want to break.

Exactly, I'd like to know who makes a more durable or better designed truggy than the Kraton V2? Even at a higher price point? And it's rtr and handles like a boss out of the box. I just can't see it getting much better, this thing just doesn't want to break.
Lol I haven't bashed mines yet.... Trying to get the feel of it.... Like u said it's nothing out the box like this truck an I only played with it 2times with out flip it on speed runs..... Ever other rc I got 1st time an I mean 1st time running them they flip,broke something on each one an I been In rc for 8yrs........ So tht tell me something about this kraton is great........

I've been into RC for 33 years....I just ripped this thing on 6S in a large drainage ditch. Just pure insanity and great handling. Lots of fun. Little bit scary and demands some respect. It's a pretty heavy beast....you have to stay alert with this thing on 6S !!!!! I've owned over 100 RC vehicles over the years and the Kraton has to be one of my favorites. Carnage is so fun but it takes one hell of a vehicle to keep going.

I've been into RC for 33 years....I just ripped this thing on 6S in a large drainage ditch. Just pure insanity and great handling. Lots of fun. Little bit scary and demands some respect. It's a pretty heavy beast....you have to stay alert with this thing on 6S !!!!! I've owned over 100 RC vehicles over the years and the Kraton has to be one of my favorites. Carnage is so fun but it takes one hell of a vehicle to keep going.
I can't wait to beat it up ...... Don't want to do it in to much....still want to sell the esc@motor

I can't wait to beat it up ...... Don't want to do it in to much....still want to sell the esc@motor
Well if your still on 4s you may as well put on your big boy pants and join us at 6s... lol just kidding... i run both its a blast either way. I just ordered 2 7200mah 3s 70c spc racing batteries. Cant wait to run them in the kraton, nero and xmaxx... may need to do some trimming on the nero to fit, its gonna be tight by my measurements...lol i have a 6500mah 65c 4s smc battery i run along with a pair of duratrax onyx 5400mah 50c 3s batteries... and some cheap 3s 20c i got with a diffeent truck i bought used... almost blew one up the other day i wont be using crappy low mah and c rated batteries again... them for the halix and stampede 4x4

Now guys, I don't have the funds rn, saving for a car, but should I 6s my kraton when I get the chance to dump $80 on a 6s lipo pack? I was going to get one of these batts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOUREON-6S...427186?hash=item3f601c9b72:g:vfwAAOSwJQdW~g4L

I think it will fit, I heard good stuff about floureon but it could be a crap shoot idk... My original plan was to spend around $80 and get some turnigy 5000mah 3s 40c packs..

Now guys, I don't have the funds rn, saving for a car, but should I 6s my kraton when I get the chance to dump $80 on a 6s LiPo pack? I was going to get one of these batts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOUREON-6S...427186?hash=item3f601c9b72:g:vfwAAOSwJQdW~g4L

I think it will fit, I heard good stuff about floureon but it could be a crap shoot idk... My original plan was to spend around $80 and get some turnigy 5000mah 3s 40c packs..
You should save a bit more and grab a good set of spc or smc 3s 5000mah 50c or higher batteries... i just ordered a set of 7200mah 3s 70c spc batteries this morning... i have a 4s 6500mah 65c that i got used for 50 bux and a set of duratrax onyx 5400mah 3s 50c... and some crappers like rea tion and traxxas... get at least 50c discharge no matter what... if you really want to save get the 5000mah smc 50c. Cheap and effe tive charge quick with a decent charger... don't be like me and spend a crapload on junk and sell it all off to buy a set of replacements... lol but seriously venom pro duo charger stands up has good charge rates and can do 2 batteries at once... 100 bux well worth every penny. Same as batteries just spend a few more bux get good ones to start... flouron is chinese garbage... no offense china

I run my Kraton now on 2 Turnigy Nano-Tech 5000mha 35C-70C 3S battery packs. However, I run a Mamba Monster X and a 2200KV motor. 35C produces enough for it, that's 175 amps and 350 amp burst. I do want to bump that up a bit just to be more above what the ESC needs. I've been abusing these Turnigy Nano Tech packs for a while now and they are performing great....I do like these batteries. I think i will get one of their 6S packs for my Kraton...I'll bump it up to 45C OR 50c just for good measures. I see no ill effects from running the 35C-70C's in my Kraton on the Mamba Monster X and 2200KV motor.

7200MAh with a 70C discharge is 504 Amps....why would I need that much ??? Do you guys see more punch ? I guess the batteries have lower internal resistance and that's a good thing.....I'll have to look more into that. They may hold their voltage longer. Can someone purchase too much of a C rating and waste their money or does one go for the most they can ? If the ESC and motor will never take 504 amps, do I need 70C ???? Anything above 50C seems like it may be all for marketing. I could be wrong. However....I want to still bump up a little from my 35C, I would say more C would probably keep your run time up. You are not stressing the battery at it's lower limits.....the question is, when are you wasting money on too much C rating ? MaxAmps are like 100C and the battery is like $240 bucks. SMC has batteries that are lower C for around $60 to $70 bucks. Are these C ratings a numbers game used for marketing ???

Last edited:
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_99&product_id=199

I ran my buddys maxamps 6000mah 3s 100c it was a night and day diffrence compared to the traxxas 5000mah 25c i normaly ran. All but 3 of my traxzas batteries are gone. I bought 50c onyx batteries and they ate awesome but i think they are pricey for what they are... smc is a good pack i have a 6500mah 4s 65c battery and it it amazing. there is a diffrence in batteries there is more punch and top speed. Things run cooler beacuse they are not being pushed to the limit all the time...

I run my Kraton now on 2 Turnigy Nano-Tech 5000mha 35C-70C 3S battery packs. However, I run a Mamba Monster X and a 2200KV motor. 35C produces enough for it, that's 175 amps and 350 amp burst. I do want to bump that up a bit just to be more above what the ESC needs. I've been abusing these Turnigy Nano Tech packs for a while now and they are performing great....I do like these batteries. I think i will get one of their 6S packs for my Kraton...I'll bump it up to 45C OR 50c just for good measures. I see no ill effects from running the 35C-70C's in my Kraton on the Mamba Monster X and 2200KV motor.

7200MAh with a 70C discharge is 504 Amps....why would I need that much ??? Do you guys see more punch ? I guess the batteries have lower internal resistance and that's a good thing.....I'll have to look more into that. They may hold their voltage longer. Can someone purchase too much of a C rating and waste their money or does one go for the most they can ? If the ESC and motor will never take 504 amps, do I need 70C ???? Anything above 50C seems like it may be all for marketing. I could be wrong. However....I want to still bump up a little from my 35C, I would say more C would probably keep your run time up. You are not stressing the battery at it's lower limits.....the question is, when are you wasting money on too much C rating ? MaxAmps are like 100C and the battery is like $240 bucks. SMC has batteries that are lower C for around $60 to $70 bucks. Are these C ratings a numbers game used for marketing ???
Maxamps are super expensive and wayyy over prices in my opinion... i would never spend that much on batteries unless i raced. The c rating is measured at diffrent places.in battery life its a crap shoot but higher c is more but last longer don't get as hot while hard driving occurs and full throttle blasts esc will ask for power bbatteries will deliver it no problem no huge voltage drops. I had a mmx in my xmaxx running 4 5000mah traxxas 3s batteries and it was a monster. I almost blew up a 4000mah 3s 20c reqction battery last week it puffed and broke the hard case while i ran the pair in the kraton. C rating matters so does mah.... ardma has lowest reccomrnded c and mah ratings for all rcs. Thats bottom of the line batteries. Its worth a little extra $$ in my opinion... just not alot of extra... there are tons and tons of people who use smc and spc battereis... my onyx batteries were 75 each 5400mah 50c and they get pretty hot when i run hard. I also wanted hardcase for the kraton.

Would you guys have any idea as to what pins I could buy that would fit the dogbone to drivecup joints? I want the soft pins, I heard hardened pin stock is a bad idea. I noticed even on 4s the dogbone pins up front mainly are flattening up, I also heard the secret to keeping diff cups lasting longer is to keep fresh pins in the driveshafts... Still I wish they went with MIP style driveshafts all round instead of the dogbones, I guess its cheap right tho...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back