Kraton Brand new arrma kraton v2 issues possibly-questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been spraying mine with dry lube every run but I don't have that many runs yet. I do that with my MIP's on my Slash also. I'm going to add some graphite powder to the mix. In the past I have just let those cups take their pounding and let them get their wear and abuse. On one of my old Nitro rigs, I kept the same stock cups for the life of the RC...I may have flipped them around also if I remember, to wear the other edge out. By that time,,,the rig was so worn out, I just moved on to a new roller because it was cheaper to just start fresh. That was the olden days...things were built with more pride I feel stuff lasted much longer. :)

Last edited:
Thanks man I appreciate it, but I mean I found some 3mm suspension pins, I guess I may cut them up and give them a go once I see the driveshaft pins getting too worn. But anybody know where I could find some 3mm chrome steel pin stock that isn't hardened? I was going to use 3mm motor shafts from a suppo... At $20 for a pair for diff cups its a little insane to think about. I wonder if any nero shafts could be adapted. I just saw that the pins have flat spotted a little already and I am concerned. But I betcha the diff cups will last the life of the truck I guess. Idk... I wish I could find 3mm pins that I know would fit. I found some ofna 190304 suspension pins that look promising: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ofna-19034-...940453?hash=item1c6c9751a5:g:RwQAAOSwYSlXgRRV

I am just a worry wart I spent my money on this truck lol and that is why I worry

Last edited:
I am looking at a zippy flight max 5000mah 40c 6s lipo, its a good price. Good idea or? I really wanna put a 6cell in this thing :D

I kinda want the SMC packs, but the reason is the SMC I need adapters and they would be $80 and the zippy is $65 shipped. I don't mean to shun other peoples advice, I was just asking if the zippy would be a good choice, I appreciate the suggestion tho. I am kind of on a budget. Sorry
but would the SMC packs be more worth it? I am torn, it would be kinda cool owning a 6s pack lol

Last edited:
I kinda want the SMC packs, but the reason is the SMC I need adapters and they would be $80 and the zippy is $65 shipped. I don't mean to shun other peoples advice, I was just asking if the zippy would be a good choice, I appreciate the suggestion tho. I am kind of on a budget. Sorry
but would the SMC packs be more worth it? I am torn, it would be kinda cool owning a 6s pack lol

I would go for the SMC personally. Zippy are not hard case, right? SMC are, it's nice to have protection when you are out bashing these things. So SMC have a higher C-rating, and are hard case for not much more. One puncture on a soft case and you might as well toss it. Also, I haven't used any Zippy packs, so I can't really comment on the quality/performance. Just my 2 cents.

If you plan to stay with the hobby, you will want a decent soldering station so you aren't limiting yourself to what connectors certain brands use. Some packs do not come with connectors at all. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAOYUE-936A...343021?hash=item1eb59337ad:g:vKAAAOSwEeFVRdHb

Very worthwhile investment. :)

Last edited:
I guess I will go with the 4300mah 40c packs from SMC, all the 5000mah 3s 50c packs are on pre order:(
gonna be pricey at $34.95 a piece plus adapters and shipping

total is $77.90 shipped oh boy that is just from SMC
well I bought two 4300mah 3s lipos 40c ones hard case from SMC, oh boy :D

Last edited:
Awesome, and not a bad deal imo! :) 6s is insane, you're going to love it. You have a very high performance RC now, go easy your first runs. Keep it clean, and inspect it often. If you break something in the process, don't worry, it happens to all of us. And we are here if you need any help!

I love the Turnigy batteries....you can get them with XT90's . I'm going to get another probably. 6S is the way to go in the Kraton.

I bought two smc 4300mah 3s lipos, lol lets see how this goes when I get them :D
I was steered away from the zippy 6s pack lol.
I cannot wait to try 6s in the kraton

Last edited:
Lol guys 6s is nuts, its a lot of fun, it does wheelies like crazy and the front wheels turn to pizza cutters, I only ran it for maybe 5 mins it was crazy tho lol. I love it :D

Lol guys 6s is nuts, its a lot of fun, it does wheelies like crazy and the front wheels turn to pizza cutters, I only ran it for maybe 5 mins it was crazy tho lol. I love it :D
Mine doesn't do all that on 6S....it's just fast and smooth . very little ballooning and no wheel stands unless I want it to. I got a throttle curve set just so...the punch just right and just the right thickness on center diff fluid. I think my throttle curve keeps it in line the most. It builds enough speed and the power rolls on more near the end of my trigger throw. It gets up to full speed super fast but I'm not over killing the drive line and breaking traction. All depends on how you like it. I hate when it's out of control and too much power comes on to just flip it... It's cool also but I like smooth and fast. lol

Last edited:

Great to hear! :) The power is addicting.

Vanning- What diff fluid weights are you running? I recently decided to up my center a bit, going to try 20k. I don't want a wheelie machine, just a bit more even on power distribution.

Great to hear! :) The power is addicting.

Vanning- What diff fluid weights are you running? I recently decided to up my center a bit, going to try 20k. I don't want a wheelie machine, just a bit more even on power distribution.

As of now I'm 30/50/10 .... I feel that 50 to 100 in the center is where you will start to even out. 50 in mine still diffs out the front but not nearly as much as stock. It's pretty decent on 50k, on a full power speed run the front tires are not ballooned that much. The stock tires are pretty sweet. Mine is not a wheel stander but it's just on the verge. I can sometimes make it pull up if I really wanted it to but rolling on my power.... it is smooth . Changing the springs improved my Kraton also in my opinion. I'm at 50k in the center and to tell you the truth....I want it a little thicker. I have a CC 2200kv with a 12 tooth pinion in mine running 6S. Orange Tekno springs all around. 30/50/10 like I said....its fun.

I have driven peoples Savges on 4S that were absolutely horrible because they just flip over backwards. I'm not a fan of that setup.

Last edited:
As of now I'm 30/50/10 .... I feel that 50 to 100 in the center is where you will start to even out. 50 in mine still diffs out the front but not nearly as much as stock. It's pretty decent on 50k, on a full power speed run the front tires are not ballooned that much. The stock tires are pretty sweet. Mine is not a wheel stander but it's just on the verge. I can sometimes make it pull up if I really wanted it to but rolling on my power.... it is smooth . Changing the springs improved my Kraton also in my opinion. I'm at 50k in the center and to tell you the truth....I want it a little thicker. I have a CC 2200kv with a 12 tooth pinion in mine running 6S. Orange Tekno springs all around. 30/50/10 like I said....its fun.

I have driven peoples Savges on 4S that were absolutely horrible because they just flip over backwards. I'm not a fan of that setup.

Agreed, don't find it fun driving something that you have to fight to keep down. Well it sounds like you have it dialed in pretty well, I think Ill try those numbers. So 30/50/10 = front/center/rear, right?

Thanks man I appreciate it, but I mean I found some 3mm suspension pins, I guess I may cut them up and give them a go once I see the driveshaft pins getting too worn. But anybody know where I could find some 3mm chrome steel pin stock that isn't hardened? I was going to use 3mm motor shafts from a suppo... At $20 for a pair for diff cups its a little insane to think about. I wonder if any nero shafts could be adapted. I just saw that the pins have flat spotted a little already and I am concerned. But I betcha the diff cups will last the life of the truck I guess. Idk... I wish I could find 3mm pins that I know would fit. I found some ofna 190304 suspension pins that look promising: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ofna-19034-...940453?hash=item1c6c9751a5:g:RwQAAOSwYSlXgRRV

I am just a worry wart I spent my money on this truck lol and that is why I worry

Did you ever look into hardening the out drives ? I'm thinking about doing mine next time I get my diffs out.

Agreed, don't find it fun driving something that you have to fight to keep down. Well it sounds like you have it dialed in pretty well, I think Ill try those numbers. So 30/50/10 = front/center/rear, right?

30 front, 50 center, 10 rear. Straight line full speed runs track nice, it turns well, It's fun. I have my throttle 100% also.

Did you ever look into hardening the out drives ? I'm thinking about doing mine next time I get my diffs out.[QUOTE="

Oops this is me :D I didn't quite get the quote thing down :DI thought hardening them would make them more likely to break? Hardening stuff makes it brittle am I right? The centers take the most abuse. They may already be hardened who knows, the pins are soft likely and the outdrives are hardened
I could run a file by one to see if its file hardened
They seem to pass the file test so they may already be hardened, a file doesn't touch the diff cups or driveshafts. Still looking at ways to fabricate replacement pins, I found some hinge pins which are likely steel not stainless

Last edited:
You can make them harder.... Depends on how you do it. If the file says they are hardened, that's good. I'll probably just see how long they last. Maybe I'll try one cup and compare over time.

any good ways to remove the pins? Anything I try always gets like bent cause the pins are so in there. The idea was to keep the pins fresh to minimize the lash in the dogbones thereby reducing the shock and wear. I am looking at 3mm hinge pins. I maybe should try an old drill bit or something. I mean a new front dogbone is $11 I just bought a real car, I got a subaru forester manual lol... I mean I found 3mm hinge pins from mugen that may work, hinge pins are typically pretty tough

I really love the 6s power never going back to 4s:D

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back