Kraton Brand new arrma kraton v2 issues possibly-questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also figured out that the pins are hardened cause I snapped one trying to remove it from the bent defective shaft that I had... Now where to find some 3mm hardened pin stock...

Looking at this stuff: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pc...32623364924.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.2.9ituO9

I got one pin out, going to look at some hinge pins

I think I would have more luck just buying a front spare dogbone:D
then I would have a full set of spares:)

Last edited:
They seem to pass the file test so they may already be hardened, a file doesn't touch the diff cups or driveshafts
I have not looked into hardening diffs, i just replaced front ring and pinion gears and discovered center was also broken. when i took it apart i dicovered tbe internal gear was split in half and pin holding it was gone. I have seen a few people using hardened drillbits for pins. When i was having problems breaking axel pins on my X-Maxx i went to fastenal and ordered the pins i needed made of hardened steel. 63 cents each and never to this day have broken another one. You can get on their website and search for what you want...

lol guys I love 6s never going back to 4s:D I haven't broken a single thing, if you like to count the pinion outdrive for the front propshaft that goes to the front diff a breakage, the grubscrew loosened from all that torque no damage and I just put it back together and its fine lol, I drove myself to my local park and was greeted by a huge pile of woodchips, I think all of you are seeing where this is going :D The bottom of the truck is scratched up and starting to get silver lol. I cartwheeled it a few times jumping the woodchip pile. Lol it was a blast

The pins I may see if I can replace them once I get the new mainly front dog bone in, the dog bone pins up front are getting really scored and grooved... I am not sure if the fastenal ground steel 3mm pins would be good, as the pins that are in these dogbones I know are brittle and very rigid as I know I broke one... Maybe its perfect lol idk :D its just that hehe its much cheaper to replace the pins in the dogbones than to buy new driveshafts lol.

Last edited:
Wow seems like i am not the only one disapointed in arrma see below fro my story

Hey guys, I took my new Kraton into the Hobby shop where I purchased it and it appears that there is a steering arm buckled. I only ran the truck once as it is only a week old now on a flat ball field took some sharp turns and done some donuts the truck didn’t come in contact with anything to hit. I have to say I am very disappointed in the quality of the arrma products if simple driving will lead to damage I could understand if I hit anything or took a hard jump. I am not complaining that the part is not covered under warranty as it is only a 13.00 part just the durability of what I thought was a superior RC. I put my Tmaxx nitro through hell and never once broke anything. Makes me wonder once again about the quality. When I walked in to the hobby shop to purchase another RC I went to purchase the erevo but after listening to the sales pitch on arrma I decided to go with the Kraton as I thought I was getting the a superior RC boy was I wrong. I initially thought that it could have come out of the box like this but according to the hobby shop it didn’t. To sum it all up I am very disappointed in quality and durability of this product especially after paying $700.00 Canadian for it.

Dude I love my kraton! Arrma was generous enough to send me a whole new set of driveshafts, I broke the stock servo which was junk and replaced it with a savox sw0231, it has been one of the toughest rc's I have ever owned! Its an erevo for under $800 basically, its much tougher than the erevo as the WHOLE drivetrain is metal. I have the arrma kraton v2 not the v1 there were some problems with the v1... I have beat the snot out of my kraton, I put new tires (badlands) and played with the esc settings and the center diff fluid is thicker as I swapped it out for 500k. Sure I Just finally noticed my shock tower was bent lol, I just bent it right back:D I put mine through hell, its a great product, Hobbico has always made solid stuff... Never broke any drivetrain parts on it, oh and I upgraded the shielded bearings to sealed ones from fast eddy, no esc or motor issues :)

Give it a second chance. I just got a new Kraton at Christmas time and it is the pound for pound Champ for durability. I have been in RC for 30 years and owned just about every brand at this point. I ran mine full speed over a snow bank jump and one wheel caught fit a fire Hydrant. Nothing broken,nothing bent. I could not believe it. This thing is a beast!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back