Granite Brand new BLX - major problems!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhaactofbield

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I was so excited to get back into a childhood hobby...I did so much research on what's popular, pros/cons, parts, aftermarket - the whole 9 yards.
I purchased this great looking orange and black truck and all the necessary goodies last week. I've learned it's the most recent version with the Spektrum rx/tx and IC5 connector.

Now the turning point. I made it almost all the way through my first 3s lipo when I noticed a hesitation on acceleration. Then reverse began working intermittently. On the second battery the hesitation became worse and more intermittent. Reverse worked 10% of the time with multiple controller. Besides the sloppy steering, it seemed to run out fine. 3s brushless is fast!

I tried all the recommended troubleshooting techniques and was beginning to realise I either had a faulty ESC or motor. Before I could diagnose that for sure, I charged up the 3s Lipo and took it for a spin. After a few minutes I noticed the gear noise becoming louder. Before the end of the 3rd battery and after a reasonable bashing about, I heard the unmistakable sound of a brushless motor free spinning. The spur gear is destroyed.

No, I didn't check the gear mesh or mess with the slipper clutch. I did check all fasteners I could find for tightness but messed with nothing in the drivetrain.

The last time I owned an RC vehicle was in the late 90s. I was really rough on my trucks back then but they at least made it a dozen or so runs before breaking something. 3 runs and this little truck has experienced a major failure. A motor/ESC issue and a destroyed spur. I'm definitely soured on this truck.

I plan on calling HH tomorrow and seeing what can be done. Anyone have any advice or a similar experience? How was it dealing with tech support and warranty claims? TIA

Last edited:
Welcome back ?? Sorry you are having trouble. I don’t have a granite but there are many here that could help you out. HH has been good to deal with for my peers.

HH will likely send you replacement parts, but I would recommend the adjustable motor mount and a steel spur. These are available from Arrma as optional parts.

UPDATE:
Horizon has great customer service! They've sent a replacement ESC, spur gear, and motor mount plate. Unfortunately the adjustable mounts are out of stock but I'd prefer to get the truck rolling sooner than later.

I'm impressed with their quick responses and quick shipping - Arrma has retained a customer that likes to spend money on his toys!

UPDATE:
Horizon has great customer service! They've sent a replacement ESC, spur gear, and motor mount plate. Unfortunately the adjustable mounts are out of stock but I'd prefer to get the truck rolling sooner than later.

I'm impressed with their quick responses and quick shipping - Arrma has retained a customer that likes to spend money on his toys!
Just get one of these from HR

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF18M02;c=1345

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back